Hate to wake up a dead subject but F14" "

Posted (edited)

I keep hearing the release of the F14D is not possible because of the lack of information... Can some one enlighten me on the data availability of the F/A 18 Hornet, and F16. I'm pretty sure these jets still have classified things about them. Currently they do not mimic 100% of the sim factor although close. I talked to an F18 Pilot and there's just much we can't do (he still thinks it's awesome). In the same way we are still fudging systems of these Jets. I only bring this up as many simulated modern conflicts leave the Jet feeling a little behind the times when going up with the 18/16/15 and so on.

Why can the Tomcat D not be fudged a bit as well?

I would much rather hear Heatblur say they don't want to do it vs the information is not out there. People have found plenty.

Edited by Gentoo87
  • Like 1

Why don't you make a D model with all that plenty of info people found? I don't get it. If a flight sim development company says they don't have enough info to make a F-14D, why does this question keep surfacing? You think they're lying?

• Like 7

i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G2 | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gentoo87 said:

I keep hearing the release of the F14D is not possible because of the lack of information... Can some one enlighten me on the data availability of the F/A 18 Hornet, and F16. I'm pretty sure these jets still have classified things about them. Currently they do not mimic 100% of the sim factor although close. I talked to an F18 Pilot and there's just much we can't do (he still thinks it's awesome). In the same way we are still fudging systems of these Jets. I only bring this up as many simulated modern conflicts leave the Jet feeling a little behind the times when going up with the 18/16/15 and so on.

Why can the Tomcat D not be fudged a bit as well?

I would much rather hear Heatblur say they don't want to do it vs the information is not out there. People have found plenty.

Heatblur are already adding at least 4 Tomcats, and that's already above and beyond what anyone else has done (only Aerges' Mirage F1 will feature that many variants). 

I think the D just needs to be put to bed, it's been discussed to death. I don't want to shoot anybody down, but it's been said over and over again and the answer is a fairly firm no.

Don't forget that Heatblur are still very busy with their current and future offerings, the F-14D is more complexity for them to do, when there's still a fair bit missing on the F-14A and B, even if they're more miscellaneous items (such as OBC and some other tests).

And if it makes you feel better, last time I checked everything EW related on the Avro Vulcan is still classified - an aircraft that entered service in the 1950s and was fully retired in the early 1980s...

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

Oh, let the penguin dream about his favourite ride. emoji6.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Don't have a problem with the dream, it's one I share.

My problem is with the insinuation the HB are lying about the issue with finding the appropriate information. It's a lazy, ignorant argument which even a cursory glance of these forums will quickly refute.

• Like 6

Don't have a problem with the dream, it's one I share.

My problem is with the insinuation the HB are lying about the issue with finding the appropriate information. It's a lazy, ignorant argument which even a cursory glance of these forums will quickly refute.

Yeah, I know.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

There's two issues to unpack here.

1. is that while plenty of information does exist for the F-14D, it's still not certain if it can be featured in DCS at all, as some of the stuff that HB needs is still classified. Now, granted, much of it should be accessible, but even if it is, it's eyes-only, which means copies can't leave the USN Archives.

2. Legal issues. Heatblur may have gotten a license from Northrop Grumman to make the versions we have, and as such, are only legally allowed to make those aircraft. Creating a version that falls outside those limits would mean they'd lose the license, and ED would have to take the aircraft down from the store (and depending on how hard the lawyers push, refund us and take the module away). Alternatively, if NG told HB "No, you cannot model the D", then that means that under penalty of a severe lawsuit, Heatblur cannot make an F-14D.

• Like 2

I hate to be that guy, but after probably answering these questions a few dozen times, Heatblur created a FAQ:

It's probably a good idea to stick to that FAQ and assume nothing has changed.

• Like 6

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!