Auto waypoint following

skywalker22

Posted (edited)

I really doubt this is a bug, but I will still ask here.

Just learning how an aircraft auto follows waypoint(s). Sometime it does, some time it doesn˙t. Don`t really get it. But at my current example it just doesn`t want to. Using CPL Waypoints mode, and following these instructions:

image.png

image.png

Tried both methods, but the aircraft at my current example is always pointing towards that "diamond" which you can see infront of aircraft on AMPCD:

image.png

Why is that so, why it doesn`t want to turn for 90deg left, toward waypoint I selected?

image.png

Edited by skywalker22

• skywalker22 changed the title to Auto waypoint following
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hulkbust44 said:

It's trying to intercept the course line first.

Mobius708

That was my problem, explained in Chuck`s manual:

image.png

Edited by skywalker22

It's trying to fly the course, not the WP, if you have a course set up. Disable the course (deselect and reselect WYPT) and it'll fly towards the WP.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

HP Reverb G2, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

10 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

the aircraft at my current example is always pointing towards that "diamond" which you can see infront of aircraft on AMPCD:

The aircraft will always be pointing roughly in the direction of that diamond, it's the indicator that shows which direction you're currently traveling.