Great Job on the Campaign

Awesome job with the Serpent's Head 2 Campaign!  I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to end.  I have been flying the Hornet for a while, but this was the first time I had really learned  a heap about it in a relatively short time.  Prior to this campaign I had only flown the Agressor's BFM campaign in the Hornet, which is awesome, but limited to BFM, as the name implies.  I just finished today, taking two attempts to complete the final mission..  Damn that was hard lasing that vehicle with no lock on.  On the first misison attempt I used all four bombs and never hit him, but this time I got him first try.

This campaign also pushed me to learn to do A2A refuelling, something I have never been able to achieve before.  I am really happy to say that I can consistently refuel in the air now (in the Hornet at least).

Perhaps my greatest achievement came at the end.  I was feeling the pressure of the landing right at the end of misson 10, mostly because the pilot said he felt pressure, and that background music  😬😂.  I also only had about 1200 pounds of fuel remaining.  Somehow, despite not being able to see the runway until right near the end of the approach (obviously because it was dark AF) I snagged the 3 wire for perhaps the first time ever.  I can always land on the carrier fine, even first time most of the time, but usually my approaches are horrible.  This time I managed an _OK_:WIRE#3 !!!.

XKAZll0.jpg

Really, great job on the campaign.  It was a lot of fun and I learned a LOT.

Cheers,

Edited by scotth6

45 minutes ago, scotth6 said:

Awesome job with the Serpent's Head 2 Campaign!  I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to end.  I have been flying the Hornet for a while, but this was the first time I had really learned  a heap about it in a relatively short time.  Prior to this campaign I had only flown the Agressor's BFM campaign in the Hornet, which is awesome, but limited to BFM, as the name implies.  I just finished today, taking two attempts to complete the final mission..  Damn that was hard lasing that vehicle with no lock on.  On the first misison attempt I used all four bombs and never hit him, but this time I got him first try.

This campaign also pushed me to learn to do A2A refuelling, something I have never been able to achieve before.  I am really happy to say that I can consistently refuel in the air now (in the Hornet at least).

Perhaps my greatest achievement came at the end.  I was feeling the pressure of the landing right at the end of misson 10, mostly because the pilot said he felt pressure, and that background music  😬😂.  I also only had about 1200 pounds of fuel remaining.  Somehow, despite not being able to see the runway until right near the end of the approach (obviously because it was dark AF) I snagged the 3 wire for perhaps the first time ever.  I can always land on the carrier fine, even first time most of the time, but usually my approaches are horrible.  This time I managed an _OK_:WIRE#3 !!!.

XKAZll0.jpg

Really, great job on the campaign.  It was a lot of fun and I learned a LOT.

Cheers,

Ford's story continues in a new follow up campaign which has been 9 months in the making, 'Rise of the Persian Lion' . It sees Ford and his new wing man fly from the Black sea to the Persian Gulf on board the USS Abraham Lincoln. Things are not  going well out there. The IRGC have gained in power and has a new aggressive leader. The campaign has 15 plot linked missions, over a thousand voices, kneeboards and personalised skins. As always is VR friendly including recallable coordinates. Also has an optional easy A2A refuel version. In the unlikely event that pilots get desperate and want to jump missions this facility has now been included. 

It's with ED now so hopefully should be released soon.

Glad you enjoyed the SH2 Campaign, that's what it is all about 👍

Badger633

• Like 4

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• scotth6 changed the title to Great Job on the Campaign