Hello friends, here I am, I have a question if someone wants to help me. It's about my wingman, since I do missions from the Kobuleti runway, I always get a takeoff from 07 on the tower, it's not a problem for me to take off from the opposite side at number 25 but my wingman always goes to 07, how and whether it can be set when doing a mission or in the parking lot to get a signal to take off instead of the standard 07 at 25 ???

Greeting...

Posted (edited)

In principle, it has nothing to do with the weather, wind or anything in particular. My wingman, he goes to 07, the region i am going to is west and it doesn't suit me to take off from the suggested position

Edited by Dragan
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dragan said:

In principle, it has nothing to do with the weather, wind or anything in particular. My wingman, he goes to 07, the region i am going to is west and it doesn't suit me to take off from the suggested position

@Dauntless is correct.  What do you mean it has nothing to do with wind?  Just reverse the wind direction in ME and your wingman will take off on 25.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

I tried with the wind from all directions, example Ground 3 / at 2000 m 5 / at 8000 m 7 / we always get a takeoff from 07 from the tower, it's the same without wind.

Should I boost wind power? Maybe 3/5 and 7 is weak wind power?

Edited by Dragan

However, it is up to the strength and direction of the wind, especially for the ground, when I messed up a bit and hit to set as needed, I got what I was looking for, I apologize, it's my fault...

There's a certain threshold below which the wind isn't taken into account. RWY 07 is the default, if the wind is close to zero, it'll be used regardless of its direction. 

Posted (edited)

How about just do as directed by ATC - normally ignoring them gets you in very deep trouble...? Can't really think of any situation where a pilot will tell ATC which runway he is using. File flight plan - do as told.

Is it really that much hassle to take off and reverse direction?

Edited by Leg2ion
Posted (edited)

Greeting ,I have already written, I changed the direction of the wind direction and speed and now it's okay, we take off on both sides after such an adjustment, it's a bit illogical for me to make a semicircle around the runway after takeoff for the direction I'm flying, it was more because of my a wingman and less because of me...

Edited by Dragan