Game Crashing on End Mission/Quit.

braedenLS

Confirm same issue.

Before patch - the simulator crashed on second mission run.

After patch - the simulator crashed on mission end AND (on pressing Shift-R) on mission restart.

One time the simulator crashed on first mission start.

I'm 2D player with TrackIR.

Latest OS/drivers updates are installed.

• Like 2

+1 here

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

So weird after the new patch I wasn’t getting any crashes over the week days well maybe 1 or 2 with the tomcat. But today I’m getting crash after crash after restarting missions. I’m doing another slow repair and I also cleaned out the fxo stuff.

in VR seems to be stable but switched to 2d this morning and crash after crash. Within 1 hour I’m up to 4-5 crashes. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Your last crash on DCS closure seems new, indeed: it doesn't show the FreeUnusedResources function in the crash log (which seems to be responsible for the second mission loading crash).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 minute ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Now I'm getting this crash occasionally as well as the 2nd mission crash. I'll just keep sending the logs in through the crash tool. (They must be inundated with crash files by now... should I hold off?).

Don't stop them coming! This is a precious tool for devs.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I flew two missions last night, both time got the crash upon exit of the first mission.

Upon loading the sim the second time, I set my graphics using the medium preset button and then ran my second flight of the evening. It crashed again that time too.

Open beta 2.7.1.6709

No mods

dcs.log-20210601-022736.zip dcs.log-20210601-032552.zip

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

For what it is worth, I figured I'd post my experience in the case it helps someone.

After updating to the latest open beta, I was getting a crash upon exiting the very first mission. EVERY TIME. Super annoying. I had struggled to get my frame rates back to a playable level after the original 2.7 update, added additional RAM (which did the trick), and then the next update added the consistent crash at mission exit. 

After trying a few things, I found a simple solution. I deleted the FXO and metashaders contents, I unchecked the full screen box in options and increased the preload radius to 50%. I started up a mission, and what do you know?... no crash. I flew mission after mission with no crash. 

In the effort to test framerates, I moved the cockpit display resolution from 1024 to 512 and fired up a mission... and promptly crashed upon exit. Happened 2 more times before I thought to check the FXO folder... it was repopulated, so I deleted the contents again... and back to flying without crashes! 

At the end of the day I've deduced the following (I am no expert, but I feel there is fair evidence to support my conclusions on my system):

1. There is a memory problem in 2.7 that is killing framerates... I have a decent system and have played forever with no framerate issues, and after trying every possible solution in settings, I could only get my framerates back by adding additional RAM.

2. The full screen option must be unchecked or you're going to have crashes on mission exit.

3. You need to delete the contents of the FXO and metashaders folders, and you need to repeat this step if you change any settings or you'll revisit crash-ville.

Hope this helps someone.

Specs:

i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz

48 GB RAM

Win 10

GeForce GTX 1080ti

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, azzhat said:

It may have been covered already but I have not crashed since I set DCS to run as administrator.  Worth a shot for now until it gets fixed. 

Makes no difference on my end.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

11 minutes ago, mjolner said:

No idea why but setting the exe to Run as Admin fixed my crashes on exit.  After multiple tests of on and off this seems to have worked.  Bananas....

Most of these crashes are head scratchers. You think you’ve found a workaround and two or three days later, they’re back. But if it works, run with it. At least you get to fly frustration free.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

55 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

Most of these crashes are head scratchers. You think you’ve found a workaround and two or three days later, they’re back. But if it works, run with it. At least you get to fly frustration free.

Roger all, didn't mean sound as if I was discounting your experience, just that oddly it seemed to work for me. :dunno:

28 minutes ago, mjolner said:

Roger all, didn't mean sound as if I was discounting your experience, just that oddly it seemed to work for me. :dunno:

Oh. I didn't take it that way at all. I'm just agreeing with the oddity of it.

_____

I did a DCS repair and started getting the mission exit crashes where I wasn't before I did the repair 🤣

Turns out I had the exe set to Run as Administrator, but one of the updates or the repair defaulted the exe to not run as administrator. 

Edited by Nealius

Hopefully the new OB has removed the underlying cause of the issues

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal