Respawn Bug - Missing HUD, HMD, MFD Info

gav88888

Hi,

When playing a mission (single player or multi) in the FA18 and I get shot down, after the 1st respawn sometimes things don't work right in the HMD, HUD or MFDs. Sometimes things work after the 1st respawn but then the 2nd or 3rd respawn things disappear. I am still learning so crashing and respawning a lot haha...

For example the CCIP line when bombing doesn't show up in the HUD, or when locking a ground target with the HMD the aiming circle is missing, or the CCIP line is missing from the TGP Litening MFD (I normally use the right MFD for this). There are other things that go missing but I can't recall at the moment. I use a Rift CV1 running v2.7.1.

How I respawn is I select Briefing, then Fly, to get back into my plane, whether this is related?

If you have any questions or want some testing of different scenarios done or logs captured let me know.

Thanks

Edited by gav88888

• ED Team

Hi,

we would need to see your dcs log after the event and a track replay showing the issue. 

If you are using unofficial mods please remove them, run a slow repair or verify if steam. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, gav88888 said:

Err, what’s a track file? You mean recording me playing and then uploading it somewhere? 

If so, any recommendations on recording software in VR?

Thanks

No. When you end a mission you have the option to "save track" in the end screen. The resulting .trk file is what's needed for meaningful bug reports.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

10 hours ago, Shimmergloom667 said:

No. When you end a mission you have the option to "save track" in the end screen. The resulting .trk file is what's needed for meaningful bug reports.

Thanks, I will have a play around and replicate the issue and upload the track file.

Hi, track file attached.

I selected instant action > start on ramp hot

Once in the plane I added some bombs

Then turned on HMD

Selected A2G mode

Selected loadout settings for CCIP/Auto, fuze, bomb quantity etc

Selected a target just to check the aiming ring worked (which was a man standing next to a hummer to the right of me)

Taxi'd to the runway

I noticed as I went full throttle to take off A2G mode disabled, so enabled it again

Once in the air I selected another ground target using HMD

Check bombs etc were ok, banked round and dropped the bombs on the target (close enough, was a little left)

This all worked fine so I then crashed into the ground, whilst watching my plane in a fireball I selected Briefing > Fly

Once back in my plane again I repeated the above step again as before, but this time once in the air and when I went to select another ground target after take off with the HMD the aiming circle wasn't there this time and no CCIP line in the HUD, tried a few times, tried switching to Auto and back to CCIP but didn't show up.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Example.trk

• 3 months later...

No idea if anything come of this but still having issues where the hud goes. 

For example last night I didn’t even respawn, just landed, rearmed and took off again but no hud when doing air to air. 

Also seen the same for air to ground where you cant see ccip line and have to use tpod to see it. 

Also the NVG didn’t work, it just made things greener. Sometimes it works but not last night after landing and rearming. 

I have noticed if you take off and do the mission in one go it all works fine, but if you land to rearm or crash and have to respawn issues happen more often than not. 

Edited by gav88888

On 9/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Does it always happen in the same mission?

Nope, any mission I am doing will do it.

Doing a bit more testing I think this is related to using A2G or A2A mode whilst on the ground, either after landing/respawn only, but is fine when first starting the mission.

For example when rearming my process is.

Land and park up in a taxi way or on the run way, then press F9, which I have mapped for the rearm shortcut, select my loadout, for example JDAMs, once they are loaded I select A2G mode to bring up the stores menu then select the bomb so it can start aligning, then I start taxiing off to take off, I noticed once going full throttle it comes out of A2G mode and I have to select it again. This seems to be a trigger for this issue, but again not always.

My mate is going to trial the 18 shortly so will be interesting to see if he gets the same issue.

Edited by gav88888