A-10C and A-10C II Kneeboard Suite - Updated 21 July 2021

Posted (edited)

_KS_Forum_Cover.jpg

Hi folks! I just finished reworking a set of my older kneeboards, and thought I should create this topic, so you can subscribe to it for updates, ask questions, make suggestions, criticize, and so on 🙂 

All details and links are below.

Don't hesitate to leave feedback, and happy flying!

A-10C and A-10C II Kneeboard Suite

dhvZwCi.jpg

CHANGELOG

21 July 2021
- RWR page updated: NASAMS, ST-68U "Tin Shield", and CVN-75 Harry S. Truman added.

27 May 2021
- The whole Suite has been reworked from scratch with cleaner design, refined data, and additional pages.
- New file names: please remove the old kneeboards before updating.
- PDF version added.

This Kneeboard Suite includes a heap of pages densely filled with realistic checklists, HOTAS tables, RWR codes, ordnance lists and other useful things for both the vanilla A-10C Warthog and the upgraded A-10C II Tank Killer.

The checklists are based on the original USAF Flight Manual. All of the redundant interior checks and most tests have been removed, except of those required by the Maple Flag's campaigns. The rest is provided in the same order, with minor adjustments for the DCS environment.

The HOTAS tables have been created and tested using the latest Open Beta versions of the Warthog and Tank Killer. As of the moment of writing, they are more accurate than the official manuals that use quite a few of the outdated or not yet implemented actions.

The RWR page is also more accurate than the official manual and most other guides and kneeboards out there, as it uses the current threat designators from the latest Open Beta. But be wary of the launch ranges: they were borrowed from my F/A-18C kneeboard, and might be a bit different for the A-10C.

The last page is aimed towards newbie players, and contains the annotated cockpit diagram and the easy to follow quickstart procedure, loosely based on the real-world Scramble checklist.

>> Download from User Files <<

=======================================================

PDF version

The complete Suite is also available as a single iPad-optimized PDF file.

These links are permanent and always lead to the latest version*, so you can bookmark them:

Day variant - http://www.minsky.ru/dimon/files/A-10C_and_A-10C_II_Kneeboard_Suite_Day_by_DimOn_latest.pdf
Night variant - http://www.minsky.ru/dimon/files/A-10C_and_A-10C_II_Kneeboard_Suite_Night_by_DimOn_latest.pdf

* If the date on the PDF's cover differs from the date in this topic's title, you're probably seeing a cached version. Force-reload the page, or empty you browser cache.

Edited by Minsky
RWR page updated with new threats
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

- Dmitriy

Posted (edited)

Very good, love all your work! Any chance for F16 in the future?

Edited by Quekel
  • Thanks 1

i7 4790K 4.0Ghz / GTX1080 ZOTAC EXTREME PLUS / 16 GB DDR3 / SSD

A10C BF109 F14 F18 F5E FC3 HARRIER KA50 M2000C P51 SPITFIRE VIGGEN / NEVADA NORMANDY PERSIAN GOLF / WW2 ASSET

https://combatflight.nl/ De grootste Nederlandstalige DCS community

VR must have

You're incredible, dude! Thanks a lot!
Your checklists are so "dense", packed with lots of additional information and at the same time clean and somehow... tasteful.
Reeeaaaly great job! We owe you a crate of beer... CATCH! 🙂

• Thanks 1

i7-8700K 32GB RTX2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL button/pot box
1 8 24 50 37 10CII 5 18 86 MiG15 Spit 47 51 109 A8 D9 superc. all maps

Minsk good morning
What happened to your mod of new textures for the cockpit of the A 10 C? Have you abandoned that project or have I missed something ?.
If you can, tell me something. Goodbye

1 hour ago, mosqui said:

Minsk good morning
What happened to your mod of new textures for the cockpit of the A 10 C? Have you abandoned that project or have I missed something ?.
If you can, tell me something. Goodbye

Hi, it's on hold until ED finishes everything on their end (ARC-210 and so on).

- Dmitriy

15 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Thanks, I love the layout.

Is there way to stop default from repopulating with every update?

Thank you!

You mean the default kneeboards that come with the maps?
In theory, you can try marking their "Kneeboard" folders as "read only", and removing the writing permissions. Although I'm not sure how the updater will react to this.
Personally, I'm running a batch file after the each update, that empties these folders (and also fxo, metashaders, and other garbage).

- Dmitriy

• 1 month later...
  • Minsky changed the title to A-10C and A-10C II Kneeboard Suite - Updated 21 July 2021