Hornet cockpit display alignment

StElmosFire
Go to solution Solved by AdrianL,

I am having much trouble with my Hornet cockpit display alignment. When I start the module it gives me the attached view. I can shift it somewhat with R-shift/4 or 5 but it is unflyable. When I start all of my other modules they are correctly aligned. Is it possible for me to remove this module and reinstall it?

DCS F-18 skewered 3.jpg

I am having much trouble with my Hornet cockpit display alignment. When I start the module it gives me the attached view. I can shift it somewhat with R-shift/4 or 5 but it is unflyable. When I start all of my other modules they are correctly aligned. Is it possible for me to remove this module and reinstall it?
1326964016_DCSF-18skewered3.thumb.jpg.0267661d71bd2607d0c39510c31a8b7f.jpg
Can you press num 5 to reset the view?

Mobius708

• Like 1

I have looked everywhere, that why I am here. What's needed is use R Ctrl Shift 4 or 6 to move to the centerspot and then rotate to the right 15 degrees. Then save it  so that I don't have to do it every time I play!

Edited by StElmosFire

• Solution

Maybe you set a custom snap view? https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Cockpit_Views#:~:text=The game now remembers this,view to this Snap View.

If you have Snapviews.lua in  *your username*/Saved games/DCS/Config/View then temporarily remove to see if that is the issue.  Folder structure will be slightly different if you running the beta. /DCS/ will be /DCS.openbeta/

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 2

• ED Team

yes sounds like a snap view issue

follow the advice above it should help

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 5/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, AdrianL said:

Maybe you set a custom snap view? https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Cockpit_Views#:~:text=The game now remembers this,view to this Snap View.

If you have Snapviews.lua in  *your username*/Saved games/DCS/Config/View then temporarily remove to see if that is the issue.  Folder structure will be slightly different if you running the beta. /DCS/ will be /DCS.openbeta/

Absolutely brilliant AdrianL. I knew there was a smart young man here to help me. It is back to normal. I cut the Snapviews and parked it in a new folder. All looks normal.  Thanks