Countries and skins available?

Beirut

Does anyone know if there is a list of countries and skins available for the HInd?

I really liked that the Blackshark came with markings from several countries.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Thanks.

Hope more are offered. It's a good sales pitch to have a bunch of skins at the start so you can load up your national logo and go for a spin. Makes it a bit more fun.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:15 AM, sublime said:

Wanna see some good old warpac stuff like DDR NVA markings

Warsaw Pact / Soviet from Europe '80s and Soviet one from Afganistan are the most important for me.

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 8

Alien Tiger is a must, I know it's the 35 but would look good.... But goodluck to anyone who dares paint that nightmare.......

Edited by rick66
YT link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

26 minutes ago, rick66 said:

Alien Tiger is a must, I know it's the 35 but would look good.... But goodluck to anyone who dares paint that nightmare.......

Hell, I'd buy the Hind just to fly that skin. :matrix:

• Like 2

I would hope that we at least get liveries for countries that operate the Mi-24P that are present on our maps.

So liveries suitable for Russia, the USSR, Syria and Georgia.

I would also love some WARPAC stuff (such as the GDR NVA), though at the moment I'm more interested in liveries for countries that operate the Mi-24P, that we have present on our maps.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Agreed with Northstar, for me the most important skins are present day Syria and Russia, Georgia, Ukraine and 1980's Iraq should also be high priorities but should be secondary. Beyond that I'll take as many as we can get, including some of the weird airshow ones. But Syria and Russia really ought to come first. We have a map where this exact model of aircraft has been in combat use for years, that is the most logical starting point. It would be odd if they didn't do it that way, like releasing a P-38 for use on the Normandy map... with a Japanese skin.

• Like 1

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

2 hours ago, BeastyBaiter said:

. . .  like releasing a P-38 for use on the Normandy map... with a Japanese skin.

But if you were Japanese you might like that. :happy:

There are skins that are scenario specific, and then there are skins that just make the plane or chopper feel a bit more like it's yours and more fun to fly. I think having a lot of national markings is a big plus. I was on the fence with the Ka-50, but when I saw that it had an English cockpit option and came with a Canadian skin, I bought that sucker. 

Sometimes you just need that little shove to be on the other side of the purchase fence.

If I get a couple of skins for my favorite granfalloons, I'll be happy. Then I can wage war on the "other".

Even if I don't I'll still be happy, because it's a helicopter and I get to fly it.

A while back, I spent the money for actual helicopter controls. Ouch! But I'm kind of serious about my love of helicopters, so I consider it a worthwhile investment in the hobby.

All DCS helicopters are automatic, high priority purchases for me.

I expect that it won't be long after release before our talented community skin artists have set to work, and not long after we'll have all sorts of skin choices available.

Edited by Oubaas