Hind Controls, Collective and RPM Control/Throttle

Posted (edited)

So a question, not about all the controls I need to be binding as obviously we don't know yet, but it's about this:

The hind has a collective and throttle. In the Huey, which I have the most experience in, the throttle is only messed with during startup before being maxed out and left to sit, but what about in the Hind? Will I need to have another axis control for it bound, or will it be similar in that I don't really need to touch it in flight?

I guess we can also use this thread to talk about any unusual quirks about the Hind's collective and throttle management in general, but if the mods want me to I can start another thread for that.

Edited by Czechnology

I suspect Wags' next Hind video will answer that question.  I would be shocked if the Hind required any throttle adjustments after setting at 100%.  I have been known to be wrong though.

• Like 2

In flight 100%. Only time it's manipulated startup, shutdown, picking up, dropping troops while engines running. Same as in Mi-8.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Basicly the Hind is based on the Mi-8 sharing the same engines and rotor system, so I guess engine and rotor system controls are very similar to the Mi-8.

On this topic..... I got the Flyinside Bell-47 for MSFS2020 and has set it to manual throttle control.

So I need to to control bothe Collective and throttle ie. adjust throotle as a function of rotor torque.

It is actually easier as it sounds.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 2 x 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:14 PM, fjacobsen said:

Basicly the Hind is based on the Mi-8 sharing the same engines and rotor system, so I guess engine and rotor system controls are very similar to the Mi-8.

I realize this might be hard to answer, but do you think it's safe to assume - or not - that if you enjoy the Mi-8 FM you will enjoy the Mi-24 FM?

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Beirut said:

I realize this might be hard to answer, but do you think it's safe to assume - or not - that if you enjoy the Mi-8 FM you will enjoy the Mi-24 FM?

I´m not sure, but I still think that there is a difference between the two Helicopters FM, though operation of them will be very similar.

As far as I know, the Mi-24 is more suited for running attacks than hovering attacks.

Edited by fjacobsen
  • Like 1

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 2 x 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

I´m not sure, but I still think that there is a difference between the two Helicopters FM, though operation of them will be very similar.

As far as I know, the Mi-24 is more suited for running attacks than hovering attacks.

I think that the famed stability of the Mi-24 is what defines it's flight model, it was a very stable gun platform, with no actual crabbing. It should fly quite different to the Mi8. It should also be very enjoyable, as RL pilots have stated that one of the main reasons they like the Mi-24 is it's incredible stability. However, there is the fact that they both use the exact same powerplants and are both quite heavy when fully laden, and one of the main things I like about the Mi8 is the "feeling" of inertia in the helicopter. 

With all of that said, while the Mi-24 is indeed more suited for running attacks rather than hovering attacks, we should put this myth to rest that it couldn't do hovering attacks. It should be able to do them just fine, the question remains will you wan't to do them based on the weapons loadout that you carry into battle? 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Ми-24 это скорей самолёт, вертолёт).Зависания с полным боекомплектом,и десантом,на нём не возможны)

I just watched a long walk around vid by a private hind owner in Texas.  Was interesting.  The wings have a hell of a slant in real life..  I wonder how hard she will be to move side to side once she gets going to line up attacks.  

• Like 1