Radar cursor clickspots too small

some1

The clickspot zones for the radar cursor are very small and hard to hit. It's especially hard to click the range arrows, but other active options are also tricky. In the horizontal axis the cursor can be moved halfway outside of screen, that also serves no purpose other than prevent you from selecting these options.

And even if you manage to activate the clickspot, the cursor position is reset to upper left corner.

Below are several examples where the cursor does not activate the option. 

Screen_210525_202931.jpg

Screen_210525_202958.jpg

Screen_210525_203229.jpg

Screen_210525_203242.jpg

• Like 2

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Reverb

Hi,

Cursor stow to top left on option selection is correct behaviour. The only exception is ACTIVE mode. 

Clickspots seem ok to me - no problem selecting things. They can not be too large, so as not to be activated when interacting with targets close to the edge of the scope.

Thanks 

12 hours ago, [ED]Obi said:

Hi,

Cursor stow to top left on option selection is correct behaviour. The only exception is ACTIVE mode. 

Clickspots seem ok to me - no problem selecting things. They can not be too large, so as not to be activated when interacting with targets close to the edge of the scope.

Thanks 

We're talking about when you take the cursor all the way to the edge of the screen. Near the border on the tactical region side, yes, good point. But toward the edge of the DDI itself it's not triggering. See the 3rd screenshot he posted.

• Like 2

The TDC operates the same as when selecting contacts - it selects the item that is centered between the gates. In the last screenshot, the TDC is all the way to the left, and in the cursor bump zone. 

I too find this a bit of a hassle sometimes. Especially the TWS AUTO/MAN option sometimes doesn't change even though the cursor is returned to the dock. If done too fast it changes the azimuth of your scan zone on the way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.