Outboard spoilers retracted / outboard spoiler module OFF with maneuver flaps down

I cannot categorically prove that this is a bug since the NATOPS flight manuals are not totally clear on this, but I believe the outboard spoiler module should be energized and pressurized (SPOIL ON) when the maneuver flaps are extended. Right now, the module is deenergized with only maneuver flaps extended.

Reasoning: The outboard spoilers are driven by the outboard spoiler module. If this is deenergized, the outboard spoilers therefore should not move or at least droop down. In the game, when on the ground with ANTI-SKID/SPOILER BK ON or BOTH, the outboard spoilers will extend with the flaps slightly extended with the flap handle; in this case, the outboard spoiler module energizes (SPOIL ON). When leaving the flaps in UP but moving the maneuver flaps to 10° (i.e. beyond the point where the outboard spoilers deploy when using the flap handle), the outboard spoilers remain retracted and the spoiler module shows OFF (if it was previously ON, there is a short delay before the indication changes).

The closest thing to a proof for my position is para 11.9.4. in NATOPS (it seems to be consistently numbered for all publicly available versions) which states that for in-flight refueling in HIGH mode, "[f]laps should be selected to 10° with the maneuver flap thumbwheel, which still functions normally with outboard spoiler module power". IMHO, if the maneuver flaps work normally with outboard spoiler module power, they can do so only because the outboard spoiler module is ON with the maneuver flaps extended.

Edited by Bestandskraft

The ouboard spoilers are deactivated with flap handle in up position and WOW, regardless of ANTI-SKID/SPOILER BK switch position, or maneuver flaps position.

Reference paragraph 2.16.3, 11.9.4 is for dual hydraulic failure in flight.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, Bestandskraft said:

The closest thing to a proof for my position is para 11.9.4. in NATOPS (it seems to be consistently numbered for all publicly available versions) which states that for in-flight refueling in HIGH mode, "[f]laps should be selected to 10° with the maneuver flap thumbwheel, which still functions normally with outboard spoiler module power". IMHO, if the maneuver flaps work normally with outboard spoiler module power, they can do so only because the outboard spoiler module is ON with the maneuver flaps extended.

With combined hydraulic power lost, the outboard spoiler module (which is always on in flight) serves as a backup flap drive. So in this case, the maneuver flaps work thanks to the the outboard spoiler module and not the other way around.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Interesting points, it appears I was wrong. I initially stumbled upon this issue due to the Takeoff Checklist where the pilot confirms that the spoiler module is ON. When performing a maneuver flaps takeoff, the module is then actually OFF during takeoff and switches on with weight-off-wheels. I find it odd that is is neither mentioned as a note to the Takeoff Checklist nor to the section describing a maneuvering takeoff, then again the fact that spoiler effectiveness can be increased during a no-flap/maneuver flap takeoff abort by lowering the flaps is mentioned in the Aborted Takeoff section. In any case, I'm happy and this report may be disregarded.