Maverick PRE mode not working on moving target

When using properly boresighted Mavericks  in PRE mode, the Maverick seeker should slave to the TGP when a point track is achieved or when TMS right is selected (if POINT track already active).  This works fine against stationary targets, but with a moving target the Maverick does not slave to the TGP correctly--often several hundred yards off.

In the attached track, I start off targeting the tank at the north end of the runway.  Mav centers on the target.  I then target the moving tank on the runway and the Maverick is sighted well off target.  Targeting non-moving aircraft end of runway works fine.  Target tank by hangar at south end of runway--works fine.  Try moving target again and seeker is off target.  You have to change SOI to the weapon and slew a significant amount to lock the target.

PRE mode moving target bug.trk Maverick PRE mode test.miz

• ED Team

Hi,

not seeing any issue when I try. 

PRE mode,

BGST Mav with TGP

slew to moving target with TGP

Lock

SOI to MAV handoff lock and fire

viper bsgt tgp.trk

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

not seeing any issue when I try. 

PRE mode,

BGST Mav with TGP

slew to moving target with TGP

Lock

SOI to MAV handoff lock and fire

viper bsgt tgp.trk 346.17 kB · 13 downloads

Newy, your track shows hitting effectively a stationary target. Yes, target is moving but it's away from you at a low angle. The LOS to the moving target when you begin handoff and when handoff completes a moment later is almost unchanged. This small angle of misalignment the missile will still lock.

Try it again with a target moving fast laterally across the view at close range. By the time the handoff completes the missile is left in the dust and locks nothing.

viper bsgt tgp2.trk

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 12:17 AM, Frederf said:

Newy, your track shows hitting effectively a stationary target. Yes, target is moving but it's away from you at a low angle. The LOS to the moving target when you begin handoff and when handoff completes a moment later is almost unchanged. This small angle of misalignment the missile will still lock.

Try it again with a target moving fast laterally across the view at close range. By the time the handoff completes the missile is left in the dust and locks nothing.

viper bsgt tgp2.trk 446.43 kB · 3 downloads

Reproduced for me.

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png