Kneeboard won't show up anymore??

sublime

Your log is not complete but I don't see many issues in it.

Please try this:

1. Rename your "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder as "DCS.openbeta_backup" - DO NOT delete it, it contains all your custom controls and settings.
  2. Launch DCS (it will launch with default settings and default controls), fly any instant action mission and try to display the kneeboard using RShift + K.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I mean your log was only showing part of DCS startup. What I mean by "complete" is a log showing a whole DCS session, startup, mission loading, mission being played, kneeboard try out, then DCS closure.

16 hours ago, Flappie said:

I mean your log was only showing part of DCS startup. What I mean by "complete" is a log showing a whole DCS session, startup, mission loading, mission being played, kneeboard try out, then DCS closure.

How can I provide the complete log?  I just copied the file I saw?  Maybe running dcs again and exiting?

This is what's happening regardless of what kneeboard is bound to but I've always kept it at the default until trying it with this and switching it back.  Including reverting to defaults.  I press and nothing happens except it looks almost how like it'd look if a program opened outside dcs.  I.e. the cursor reverts to a windows cursor yet theres nothing to see.  The cursor changes back when I hit the key again to 'close' it.  I'll add before it vanished the kneeboard looked very odd in the mig 21 though not other planes - it opened up huge; unbordered and near unusable.  It was really odd. I haven't added any missions in weeks mods in several months..

Edited by sublime

To be full, your dcs.log must be attached once DCS has been closed, yes.

Try renaming your "Saved Games\DCS...\Kneeboard" so DCS cannot find it, and see if it fixes your issue.

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi @sublime. Another user found what caused his issue: upscaling. Do you upscale DCS?

I'll have to recheck.  How can I find out what the resolution of the flatscreen I HDMI is natively?  🤔

Edited by sublime

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Your monitor native resolution is here:

Native Mode: 1280 x 720(p) (60.000Hz)

And your current GPU resolution is here:

1842 x 1036 (32 bit) (60Hz)

This means you're using something like DSR to upscale resolution.

Your dcs.log is not complete, so I'm unable to see what resolution you're using ingame. Chances are you're using 1842x1036 in DCS as well.

Pleas try this:

• Open NVIDIA settings panel
  • Find "DSR - Factors", click on it and ensure all boxes are unchecked, like this:

image.png

• Apply changes
  • Launch DCS and go to the graphics options menu. Set "1280x720".
  • Thanks 1

Hey man thanks.  I wonder if I should try this anyways - would I get better performance/graphics running it in native res?

I'm running 1920 x 1080  however someone else figured this out.  It's indeed the scaling I believe you called it. Or differing resolutions on desktop and on game?

I couldn't see the raduga sight picture properly in the hind and another guy had same issue. He solved it and I tried his solution (making both res. Match) it worked for sight and kneeboard

Good! Thanks for your feedback. 👍

I'm not used to DSR/upscaling but one thing is for sure: the lower resolution you use, the better performance you get (because less pixels = less GPU cost).