Vaicom freezes and makes comms menu unresponsive in some MP missions

TAW_Impalor

Hello. I had this problem for a while, where I could not rearm/refuel sometimes in MP because F menu would not come up and Vaicom would not respond. I had to either reboot PC and DCS, so they would work again, or wait 10-15 minutes for the rearm screen to finally come up (Viacom would finally trigger it). Happened on several occasions in different missions, but always in MP. Running the same mission in SP or self hosting it did not manifest the problem. Finally, I narrowed it down to Viacom and disabled it two months ago. Never had a problem with comms menu ever since. Latest versions of VA and Vaicom Pro. Conf screens below. I did reset lua code after each DCS update and tried clean install to no avail. Vaicom is unusable for me. Can I get a refund?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Try semding an email to support@vaicompro.com
@Hollywood_315 might be able to solve the issue but that is also the formal channel for requests like this

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hello. I had this problem for a while, where I could not rearm/refuel sometimes in MP because F menu would not come up and Vaicom would not respond. I had to either reboot PC and DCS, so they would work again, or wait 10-15 minutes for the rearm screen to finally come up (Viacom would finally trigger it). Happened on several occasions in different missions, but always in MP. Running the same mission in SP or self hosting it did not manifest the problem. Finally, I narrowed it down to Viacom and disabled it two months ago. Never had a problem with comms menu ever since. Latest versions of VA and Vaicom Pro. Conf screens below. I did reset lua code after each DCS update and tried clean install to no avail. Vaicom is unusable for me. Can I get a refund?

image.png.41e4d21dac48f46f9ace0bf679d02ba5.png
image.png.88e9fa84d6f3ee9e46ccf34bac29a6bd.png
image.png.d13317227a53c610c77530eeaaf45f9d.png
image.png.5edbe775db9339b09422791324264c03.png

Not sure what their refund policy is, but if you had it for several months and haven’t already been in contact with them about the issues then I wouldn’t be surprised if they deny a refund. It works fine for everyone else- even if it sometimes require a little messing around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1