Mirage 2000C status update 05/2021

myHelljumper

25 minutes ago, Eldur said:

Exciting update! I'm wondering about the BLG-66 though which hasn't been updated yet and it still acts just like an ordinary CBU. I'd appreciate that being addressed as well fsgrin.png

We are working with ED on this subject as the BLG-66 works differently than other cluster bombs.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

46 minutes ago, FST_Bearcat said:

Do you have a timeline to share with us for all of this?

AFAIK Razbam's PCA/AG/AG radar update has been sent to ED, however it either missed the last patch (for reasons) or ED are focused on fixing core bugs in 2.7.x (so aren't pushing out 3rd party updates).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

One technical question.  

Will this be more accurate.  I have found 82SEs fall long and slicks also.  But BLG-66 fall short.

As said in the update presentation post, the accuracy of all the air-to-ground weapon has been greatly increased.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Is this radar update coming to Mirage in any near future updates?

I have not staid in touch with the M2000 that what is on the screen, but I believe in the final seconds the diamonds jumping around is a target(s) with jammer(s)?

If so, that is possbly first time in DCS we have a proper DRFM jammer. 

Example: https://bsvt.by/en/aviacionnaya-tehnika-i-vooruzhenie/bortovye-sredstva-zashchity/stanciya-aktivnyh-pomeh-veresk https://www.airinternational.com/article/russias-new-ecm-system

Razbam does many things before others, pushing the available features and capabilities in these systems. Like if that is now a visual presentation of the jammers, it looks great (and I hope I am guessing wrong...). 

*) I am just impatiently waiting that ED would take Electronic Warfare seriously and implement even basic IFF systems properly with the requirement for players input the proper codes to their aircraft, as well to start making proper ECM/ECCM functions even if it would be from 60's technology, as everything would be dramatically better than what we have now... 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

51 minutes ago, ZHeN said:

those are IFF returns, not jammer returns

How are they dancing such a way?

3 hours ago, Fri13 said:

That is due to your radar updating the position of the contacts based on the sweep.  If you notice some of the contacts are on the first bar sweep the others are on the lower bar sweep.  

On 5/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, tuxsmouf said:

thank you for all the work on the 2000. The new radar module and the BAP-100 will give us some nice A/G capabilities.

Saw a video by a content creator who has the new module updates .. and I look forward to using the BAP-100s for anything other than hitting runways..lol.

49 minutes ago, Hodo said:

That is due to your radar updating the position of the contacts based on the sweep.  If you notice some of the contacts are on the first bar sweep the others are on the lower bar sweep.  

But none of them are never on the same position even when the sweep comes for a second time, everyone is jumping around like there would be 24 different targets. 

5 hours ago, Fri13 said:

The IFF antennas are mounted on the main radar "dish" but cover a 10° cone, while the main beam covers only 3°.

When a IFF interrogation is made, the reply may come when the main beam is to the left or right of the target or even scanning a different "bar" i.e. the main beam may be scanning above/below the contact and it's not even displayed on the VTB (only it's IFF reply).

For example - at 0:32 it looks like two friendlies replied from ~43 NM distant (two replies per sweep?) but have not been detected by the radar (perhaps they were cold (the radar has much less range vs cold targets) or lost in ground clutter ?).

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

39 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

The IFF antennas are mounted on the main radar "dish" but cover a 10° cone, while the main beam covers only 3°.

When a IFF interrogation is made, the reply may come when the main beam is to the left or right of the target or even scanning a different "bar" i.e. the main beam may be scanning above/below the contact and it's not even displayed on the VTB (only it's IFF reply).

So how does Mirage pilot then know what is enemy and what is friendly when the IFF interrogator does not match the radar returns? The IFF is doing nothing more than just spamming the area with random returns that there are "friendlies in the area" but you never know what is what....

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

So how does Mirage pilot then know what is enemy and what is friendly when the IFF interrogator does not match the radar returns?

The Mirage's A2A radar is being rebuilt from scratch to be more representative of the real.

This was a WIP "teaser" of the new IFF behaviour that's coming, perhaps it's usability will improve as features are added, however it's equally possible it's a limitation of it's 80's tech*.

* Note the IFF is less ambiguous with a radar contact V, as although the IFF "♦" jitters about, the multiple "V"'s jitter much less as they are being scanned by a tighter 3° beam.

longer version @2:54 /8MB

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/544216334045544448/846695516159082526/Digital_Combat_Simulator_2021-05-25_12-12-53-1.mp4

As this is being modelled with/for the AdA, I can only wait with you to see what Razbam deliver.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fri13 said:

So how does Mirage pilot then know what is enemy and what is friendly when the IFF interrogator does not match the radar returns? The IFF is doing nothing more than just spamming the area with random returns that there are "friendlies in the area" but you never know what is what....

Welcome to the real world! When a friendly and a hostile are together in the beam at the same distance, there is no way with radar and IFF to tell which one is friendly.
IFF is very precise in range and number of contacts, but imprecise in azimuth. Radar is basically the opposite.

Edited by Kercheiz

3 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Welcome to the real world!

No need to be nasty....

12 hours ago, Ramsay said:

* Note the IFF is less ambiguous with a radar contact V, as although the IFF "♦" jitters about, the multiple "V"'s jitter much less as they are being scanned by a tighter 3° beam.

longer version @2:54 /8MB

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/544216334045544448/846695516159082526/Digital_Combat_Simulator_2021-05-25_12-12-53-1.mp4

As this is being modelled with/for the AdA, I can only wait with you to see what Razbam deliver.

Thanks for that, it makes much more sense now what they have done. Made the IFF system more realistic with inaccurate tagging the radar contact with the IFF. So you don't know which one of the contact is friendly when they gets close enough. 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, Fri13 said:

But none of them are never on the same position even when the sweep comes for a second time, everyone is jumping around like there would be 24 different targets. 

I am not sure of the Mirages limitations on max number of tracked targets.  But it looked like it was tracking to many targets and updating them as the radar got a return and dropping the previous sweep.  

I love the Mirage but its radar is a little dated.

7 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am not sure of the Mirages limitations on max number of tracked targets.  But it looked like it was tracking to many targets and updating them as the radar got a return and dropping the previous sweep.  

That is a good guess. Someone who know for certain could open that how many IFF returns there can be. As based to the pattern, the left side (my linked short video) seems to have targets that are beaming, why you don't get radar returns but you can see there is someone because IFF. That is why I did mistaken it to ECM system as it was just blinking without radar returns, unlike the full video that Ramsey posted. In it you see properly the radar returns and then the IFF return separated from them, so if you have close-by radar returns then you can't see who is friend and who is not, like so far you have seen a perfect diamond inside the radar return.  

7 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I love the Mirage but its radar is a little dated.

I think that is what makes it so special, a unique old radar with own limitations. 

Personally I am little tired for F/A-18C Hornet and F-16CM Viper because A-10C as they have modern systems that are even today operated. I am waiting the F-1 Mirage from Aerges as it will add again something pure Cold War era aircraft.

The 70-80's is the interesting era and M2000C fits there well. 

• Like 2