Can't set QFE to less than 28.10, DCS McCarran Control Tower indicates set to 27.69

WS

I need to set the barometric pressure to 27.69, but the DCS cockpit instrument only lets me go to 28.10 and no lower.

I have this problem when I fly the DCS Mission in Nevada (guns and missiles against 3 Sukoi 25s).  I fly to McCarran to land and get the tower's instruction to set QFE to 27.69.

This is a common issue in DCS with the ATC right now (and has been for a long time). American aircraft do not use QFE, so the altimeter is not designed with a wide enough setting range to allow for it in high or low pressure weather, or at high field altitudes. You should be setting QNH, which you can get from the mission briefing under the WEATHER section. 

On the subject it would be nice if ATC and the weather briefing would give the wind speed in knots instead of m/s too. 

• Like 1

@Bunny Clark  @Tholozor The info in the briefing page would be only for the airfield that you start at though isnt it?.  I think what OP is saying is that he lands at an other airport and cant set the correct reading when he wants to take off or is landing at the other airport.

• Like 1

I feel the need

The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

Hanger - FC3, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C, BF109K, Spitfire, P51D, Mig-21-bis, Mig-15bis, KA50, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Mi-8MTV2, M-2000C, AJS-37.

Terrains - Persian Gulf [x], Nevada [x], Normandy [x]

8 hours ago, AUS_Heracles said:

he info in the briefing page would be only for the airfield that you start at though isnt it?. 

Correct. I'm afraid we'll need to wait for ED to update ATC for airfields to get proper baro info. 

Though, unless dynamic weather is set in the Mission Editor, the barometric pressure will be the same across the entire map anyway. 

• Like 1

Thanks Tholozur, Bunny Clark, AUS-Heracles and Ahmed for your insights.

I do want to keep this open so DCS can eventually fix the issue.