Will be in 2 flavours:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Now LIVE:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316617/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316618/

Be sure to get Fallen's Unofficial Roughmet patch to go with these.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Edited by Megalax
added links.
  • Like 3

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

Works for me.. Very much appreciated.. Thanks!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

oh riiiight, I have seen that from the side, just not from the "top" view! 

By the way, the CF-5 near where I live in Calgary has some other scheme, it seems to have medium green and medium grey, so the result is not like either of those you made, but something kinda in between. I've not much idea of the history of the CF-5 or it's paint schemes. 

Here's a pic

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rear_shot_of_a_retired_CF-5_Freedom_Fighter,_Calgary_Museum_of_Regiments_-_panoramio.jpg

I drive by it usually around once a month, somehow I seem to remember it being slighly darker than the pic above, I think the pic was probably taken on a very bright sunny day! 

wait... no.... I think it got repainted in a different scheme while on the stand... geez I'm gonna have to drop in at the museum and ask!

Oooh poor me, having to go talk fast jets again IRL... I guess I'll also have to experience the drudgery of seeing the Seafire, the CF-18 Hornet, the Sabrejet and CF-104 Starfighter (in bare aluminum and the painted markings from the early years )there too I suppose... I know, twist my arm! I guess I'll have to park next to the T-72 as well, maybe see if they've added more armor displays.

2 hours ago, Rick50 said:

There was a lot of different schemes at the end of their service life, that one I believe is called "Faux Pas". Belcher bits has a pretty comprehensive decal sheet with most of the schemes.

BEL_BD014-2.jpg

Megalax's Livery Studio

Thanks for the updated skins.. Both of them are much appreciated.  I laughed when I read one of the labels.. lol. 

• Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

On 5/27/2021 at 2:11 AM, YSIAD_RIP said:

Thanks for the updated skins.. Both of them are much appreciated.  I laughed when I read one of the labels.. lol. 

You found it?

I mentioned to some friends that there was a special message on it and they still haven't found it.

Edited by Megalax

Megalax's Livery Studio

Hi @ megalax

Indeed, I found a few extra words on one of the liveries.  I did not want to say anything more or give any real hints because I figured others may enjoy the challenge / search.    

Cheers

So I drove by the CF-5 today... and was blown away... durn thing changed color on me!!!

From overcast morning when it looked like grey with medium green (as my memory told me), to very bright afternoon, where it was lighter shades of grey!!  

I don't get it. How does green turn grey in high light levels?? Is me memory failing me? Poor eyesight?  Sneaky Canadian Ninja paint? Early Stealth experiment gone wrong/right? A tear in the spacetimecontiuum ? Too many midichlorian tachyons in my coffee?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've driven by this CF-5 a few more times now, in different lighting conditions, and have a new opinion. 

It's definately confirmed to be Ninja paint by sneaky Canadians!   

More specifically, I do think they did someting sneaky: I believe the darker color, the one that sometimes looks medium grey or a mild green... I think the color is right in between the grey and green, and so when the lighting is dreary overcast, it appears somewhat green-ish, but in brighter sunlight it looks moderately grey. I'm totally convinced now that this was a deliberate choice, though I'm not fully understanding the reasoning behind the choice.

• 1 month later...