Syrian map 2D Graphic bug in DCS 2.7.1.6430 Open Beta

NBee

I cannot reproduce issue number 1 and 2 (see attached tracks). Are you using mods other than SRS, Tacview, LotATC and the like? If so, try to disable them.

Issue number "4" reproduced. Track attached.

1_Latakia_port_tower_OK.trk 4_Moskva_disappearing.trk

EDIT: issue 2 reproduced. Track attached.

2_MiGs_changing_color.trk

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

Only mods installed are Tackview and some Skin for the A10C2 and the Harrier.

I get the same 3 issues every time I fly the mission.

Regarding issue 2 if I fly at altitude (1500’) the MIGs don’t change colors, but at 300-500´ they make the color shift.

So, if it helps, I have attached the mission in this reply. (maybe its related to my time or weather settings)

I have the DCS-track file from the original “flight” video but its 11 mb so I cannot upload via this forum.

If you need further information’s, please let me know.

Av6_Syria-Free Flight.miz

OK here are 2x  .Trk files of issue 1. + copy of DCS.log (different locations on Syrian Map)

DCS_Grafic_Bug.trkThis time I used the A10C2 standard mission (IA-A10CII-Syria-Free Flight) from DCS 2.7 and changed the time and weather to the following:

Date/Time 21 Feb 2021/17:44

Skyes Scattered 4

Ground Wind 18/219 at

6600 feet W 35/239 and at

FL26 W 35/295

Hopefully, this helps.

dcs.log

And this is .trk file no 2 of issue 1.

DCS_Grafic_Bug2.trk

19 hours ago, NBee said:

2: MIG at apron change color.

https://streamable.com/manua6

As a Fulcrum lover I am offended. These are Su-30 jets and not MiGs

These are very old models from way back, probably that is the reason for the graphical glitch, you would be better off placing one of the newer ones in your mission, such as Su-27, Su-33 or in fact MiG-29.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I still have a hard time telling which is which between Fulcrum and Flanker, as long as they don't occupy a good chunk of the screen. 😐

Being a mud, I have less difficulties differenciating a BMP-3 from a BMP-2 on a black and white display! 😄

Thanks @NBee. I can confirm I don't have your graphic issue with Latakia tower.

@Flappie

Well, I have now done a DCS repair and generated a new “DCS Saved games folder” and I still gets the same result See:

https://streamable.com/ibvpni (at 0:33 sec same problem on new location on the map).

So, any suggestions? Windows and all driver are updated, even tried to make a clean install of my Graphics AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, still same result.

@Gierasimov no insult was intended.

I am just not that good to spot the difference between a SU-30 and a MIG 29 at distance. To mee they look the same and my reaction is the same MIG! (Must Intervene, GUNS) 😊

I have now tried changing in game settings, but I still gets the same result, black Blinking spot on tower and on some of the buildings around the airport.

Maybe its related to my GPU “Radeon RX 6800 XT” and/or AMD Radeon software/driver.

I know from experience that Radion software still have problems with:

Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.

I will report back if I find a solution.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP TIME AND EFFORT

As you suggested. Issue 1 seems to be related to the in-game settings.

Disabling SSAO in game solves issue 1  = no Blinking black spots.

So now the big question. Is this a DCS 2.7 software issue or is it an AMD Radeon software/driver issue?

Also, I have only observed issue 1 on the Syrian map. I will test further on Nevada and Caucasus and return with my findings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Flappie

Yes, sorry to rapport still same glitch in  DCS ver: 2.7.1.7139:

Disabling SSAO in game = no Blinking black spots.

And I have only observed this issue on the Syrian map until now.

I use an nVidia card, but will have a try later today to see if I can reproduce the issue

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

HI just some more observations regarding Blacks spots.

I have now observed that one of the bridges in Adnea Turkey are generating Blacks spots when SSAO is activated.

Another little bug is the big building just “north” of the bridge are rendering details late. The building is blurry (this issue is not dependent on SSAO settings)

A short video of my observations: https://streamable.com/kcg6fw

Also see the attached pic:

I have attached mission, log and track files.

Blackspots.jpg

Building starts to get blurry.jpg

BuildingSharp.jpg

Settings.jpg

dcs.log BlackSpots.trk BlackSpots.miz

play BlackSpots.trk SSAO is activated === Blacks spots yes No modes current drivers 21.5.2 amd rx 5700

dcs.log

Windows 10 64bit | CPU AMD 2700x | 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime x470-PRO | GPU AMD Shappire 5700 8GB

@NBee I used the same settings, and couldn't reproduce your bridge issue. I get the blurry building when viewed from a distance, and I've seen this before.

Try uninstalling your GPU driver using DDU, then reinstall your GPU driver.

Hi Flappie

Followed your instructions and made 3 clean drivers install.

First Clean install = Driver only

Second clean install = Driver + minimum Radeon Adrenalin functionality

Third Clean install = Full install

DCS fxo folder and AMD shader folder deleted before each run.

And still Black spots with SSAO activated

All 3 installations gave same outcomes = Late rendering of the one building in the foreground while the buildings in the background stays relative “sharp” see attached pic.

BuldingforgroundBLUR.jpg

BuildingStartsToRenderD.jpg

BuildingSharp.jpg

dcs.log Buildingrendering.trk

Edited by NBee
Add tekst

The blurry building is "normal": everyone is having it. It's a LOD issue, and it probably get fixed by Ugra Media. Don't try to get of this issue on your own, you can't.

I saw in a previous screenshot you were having weird sqares appearing on the side of the large bridge. Are they still here?

I don't see the black dots you're refering to in your screenshots. Were are they?

OK my mistake I misunderstood you, I believed that we were addressing rendering, so SSAO was turned off in the above pic.

But I also ran the same test with SSAO on. See pic below:

Same track/log as above.

Blackspots2.jpg

Blackspots.jpg

Edited by NBee
TEXT to the top

Hi Flappie

OK not to confuse the matter more than needed. Black squares on the bridge is the issue. I´m just using another word “black spots” maybe I need to be more precise 😊

And since there was a lot of AMD users in the other post, I hoped that they would test my BlackSpots.trk file in order to check if the Black squares on the bridge was linked with AMD and SSAO, and then repport back to this post so we don’t mix issues.

It was not an attempt to test for “New Cloud corruption” since I have not seen this issue in a long time.

Hopefully this makes sense.

BlackSpots.trk