[solved] Central position trimmer jumps

Hi all,

I use a regular TM Warthog with spring to fly the Mi8. I discovered yesterday, that the trimmer does not work anymore as I remember it. Usually I trim and the caret in the controls indicator stays in the position it was when I pressed the trim button. Now (maybe since the last update?) the caret always jumps a bit down and right from where I pressed the trim button. You can even "walk" the caret all the way to the bottom right of the controls indicator by repeatedly pressing the trim button without even touching the stick. All other helos work as expected, only the Mi8 has this problem.

Also I found that when starting a mission, I tested it with a hot-start instant free flight mission, the caret is already a bit to the bottom-right right from the start, without me touching/pressing anything.

• Donglr changed the title to [solved] Central position trimmer jumps

It is wise to check all the settings and bindings after every DCS update, as it is known DCS might mess it up on its own.

I learned it long time ago and that is main reason why most of my settings go through Joystick gremlin.

1 hour ago, Donglr said:

Thank you, sir! That did it. Strange, I am pretty sure I did not turn that on myself as I didn't even know what it does (I do now).

No problem. It drove me mad for a day until I figured it out. Like you I did not turn it on -  I think it is on by default for some reason.

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.