Vive Pro 2

obious

Can you try running at 50% SteamVR SS and see if the issue still exists?

Also, post your DCS settings.

(As an aside, I don’t recommend Kegetys mod as it can cause graphical artefacts, and on higher spec hardware, I have never seen any performance benefit. )

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

6 hours ago, imacken said:

Can you try running at 50% SteamVR SS and see if the issue still exists?

Also, post your DCS settings.

(As an aside, I don’t recommend Kegetys mod as it can cause graphical artefacts, and on higher spec hardware, I have never seen any performance benefit. )

I tried at 50%, and as long the performance allows better than 11ms (most of the time), it runs at 90 FPS and ghosting disappears. If it goes below 90 FPS then I see again the ghosting. I tried without kegetys mod in order to ensure no artefacts. It is strange that you don't see this effect, it seems that it produces vive software. I'm not running the beta version. Steamvr is the beta version.

The settings are exactly the same that it can be found in the speed-of-heat thread, about the optimal VR configuration.

Not sure what’s going on. 
A couple of points though, I would say always run the latest beta software for Vive Console and SteamVR. Also, bear in mind that Stuart’s (speed of heat) guide was for the G2. Might not be appropriate for the VP2. 
Still, no, I’m not seeing the effect you mention. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 minutes ago, Nahemoth said:

I tried at 50%, and as long the performance allows better than 11ms (most of the time), it runs at 90 FPS and ghosting disappears. If it goes below 90 FPS then I see again the ghosting. I tried without kegetys mod in order to ensure no artefacts. It is strange that you don't see this effect, it seems that it produces vive software. I'm not running the beta version. Steamvr is the beta version.

The settings are exactly the same that it can be found in the speed-of-heat thread, about the optimal VR configuration.

I do not see ghosting in my VP2 unless it drops down to 30 fps. I am running at 120 Hz and it runs fine for me as long as I can maintain min of 40 fps. But I also have no mods. ( no idea if that has anything to do with it). My fps is usually either 40fps or 60fps.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

9 minutes ago, imacken said:

Not sure what’s going on. 
A couple of points though, I would say always run the latest beta software for Vive Console and SteamVR. Also, bear in mind that Stuart’s (speed of heat) guide was for the G2. Might not be appropriate for the VP2. 
Still, no, I’m not seeing the effect you mention. 

I'll try the beta version of vive console. Maybe it is related to a specific setting, who knows...

I have read from more people experience the same problem.

I can try a new and fresh installation of everything, I'm coming from G2 and I didn't remove anything prior the VP2 installation.

9 minutes ago, dburne said:

I do not see ghosting in my VP2 unless it drops down to 30 fps. I am running at 120 Hz and it runs fine for me as long as I can maintain min of 40 fps. But I also have no mods. ( no idea if that has anything to do with it). My fps is usually either 40fps or 60fps.

My FPS are fixed to 45 or 90 FPS. Also tested in extreme mode with the same result. 

2 minutes ago, Nahemoth said:

I'll try the beta version of vive console. Maybe it is related to a specific setting, who knows...

I have read from more people experience the same problem.

I can try a new and fresh installation of everything, I'm coming from G2 and I didn't remove anything prior the VP2 installation.

My FPS are fixed to 45 or 90 FPS. Also tested in extreme mode with the same result. 

Strange, Extreme mode should not register at 45 fps. Should be 40 fps.

Fwiw - I did uninstall WMR software and even Steam VR prior to installing my Vive Pro 2.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Strange, Extreme mode should not register at 45 fps. Should be 40 fps.

Fwiw - I did uninstall WMR software and even Steam VR prior to installing my Vive Pro 2.

No no, I just tried extreme mode but right now I'm in ultra mode.

I should repeat the complete installation then.

Just now, Nahemoth said:

No no, I just tried extreme mode but right now I'm in ultra mode.

I should repeat the complete installation then.

Try first rebooting the Vive software right after making the change to Extreme.

Don B

Extreme should be 120 or 60. It should only be 40 when really struggling.

Just now, imacken said:

Extreme should be 120 or 60. It should only be 40 when really struggling.

Mine is at 40 when on deck/down very low. But still experience is good. Only when drops to 30 fps does it start looking rough on my end.

Don B

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Mine is at 40 when on deck/down very low. But still experience is good. Only when drops to 30 fps does it start looking rough on my end.

Sure, but it should be at 60 most of the time. 

I reinstalled everything but still the same behaviour. Even if I removed SteamVR and installed again, the settings were recovered from the previous installation, so maybe something is wrong there. Here are the settings:

Cap1.PNG

Cap2.PNG

Cap3.PNG

My DCS settings:

cap_dcs.PNGcap_dcs2.PNG

And the nvidia settings:

cap_nvidia_soh.PNG

Do you find something different?

Edited by Nahemoth

You're running at 80% SteamVR SS, so that should be OK, and all your SteamVR settings are the same as mine.

I just can't explain why you are having issues.  Your DCS settings are similar to mine except for a few.  Try Terrain Textures at medium, Shadows at low, and Cockpit Global Illumination at OFF.

Probably will make no difference, but these are the only differences between your and my DCS settings.

19 minutes ago, imacken said:

You're running at 80% SteamVR SS, so that should be OK, and all your SteamVR settings are the same as mine.

I just can't explain why you are having issues.  Your DCS settings are similar to mine except for a few.  Try Terrain Textures at medium, Shadows at low, and Cockpit Global Illumination at OFF.

Probably will make no difference, but these are the only differences between your and my DCS settings.

I'll try your suggestion, who knows... But it seems that the render application has some issue.

It's all very strange. We have almost the same settings, although I run at 90% and you are at 80%, and we have the same basic hardware, yet you see double images and I don't.  

Can't explain it, sorry.

48 minutes ago, imacken said:

It's all very strange. We have almost the same settings, although I run at 90% and you are at 80%, and we have the same basic hardware, yet you see double images and I don't.  

Can't explain it, sorry.

Indeed really strange. What is the version of your nvidia driver? My SteamVR is installed under steam, but I guess it is not relevant.

I always run the latest nVidia drivers. Never seen any of them make any difference whatsoever!

s1.jpg

Edited by imacken

Significant difference in performance drops. 

I’m not sure either, but it looks like a number in several categories - x/1, y/2, etc. - showing where there has been some kind of performance drop. 
I have small numbers - some zeroes - and you have much bigger ones. Probably confirms the issue, I guess. But, it is only a guess. 

How do you run that Vive System Report?

Don B

43 minutes ago, dburne said:

How do you run that Vive System Report?

It’s a SteamVR system report, not Vive.