Unable to set OAP for markpoint

leon737

I have had the same experience. 

The RNG, BRG and ALT numbers enter into the UFC OK, but are not applied to the Mark Point in the HSI, DATA, WPT page.) 

It would be great to know:

A: Were offsets available with Mark Points in the real jet?

B: The feature hasn't been implement/completed yet in the DCS F/A-18C or...

C: An actual bug exists.

I was looking forward to using this feature for some more challenging target searches, whereas you have to go find a physical landmark with the TPOD, create a Mark Point, then apply offsets to find your actual target.    

• 5 months later...

This thread was marked with track replay needed. So here is one.

You will see me creating a markpoint via SEA radar. Then I switch into the HSI selecting the markpoint. For editing I get into the DATA section. O/S UFC will see me entering a RNG and BRG. Values shown in the O/S data block won't update though.

MKedit.trk

Edited by Rongor
I like editing stuff
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've found myself on a mission where some FAC tells me "from the smoke, 3k feet north. You'll see them". Given that it's pretty hard for me to pick right to the north (even guiding me with the North reference in the FLIR, those 3k feet are almost impossible).

So, I just put a mark point in the smoke and tried to get an offset from it... and nothing happens. The O/S information does not populate with the UFC inputs. So, I've created a new waypoint with the same coordinates as the mark point and then I could get an O/S for the waypoint, but does not look efficient.

Do you know guys if this actually work like it in the Hornet or it's a bug/non-implementation yet on the module?

Cheers!

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick: