Landing light switch only recognises 1 button

Hi all, I see the landing light switch on the collective is a 2 way switch, up for on and down for off.  However in the controls menu, there is only the option to have it on 1 button.   Which means I have to flip the switch on my collective up and down before returning to original position to switch my lights on and off.

is there a way I can set it up as it is in the actual aircraft, flick switch up light comes on, switch down light goes off?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I'm not sure that I understand the question...

The switch of my collective has two positions ON and OFF, these two positions are recognized by DCS like two virtual buttons (BTN15 and BTN16),

but it is possible that it is linked from firmware MMJOY.

I setted the landing switch with these two virtual buttons, so it works like a toggle.

landing.png

You know, it never occurred to me to map both the buttons to the one command.    Of course.    That makes perfect sense. Thankyou. It has been a long day at work, so that’s my excuse for being stupid. 😂😂😂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I had never thought of doing that either, but that's still sort of a workaround. If you happen to start the mission with the landing light switch on your collective in the UP position, then the action is going to be backward the whole mission. I really don't see why they couldn't have given the landing light separate on and off mappings, especially since the search light switch right next to it does have separate on and off (and stow) mappings.

Fully agree for separate commands for switches (this already exists).

At startup, synchronization of axes and switches would be simplified, toggles do not allow it.

Some missions position switches automatically to help the pilot.

During a mission, to correct this 'gap', it is possible to use an unassigned 'modifier' to this switch to put it back in place with no effect on this command.

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, Cowboy10uk said:

Hi all, I see the landing light switch on the collective is a 2 way switch, up for on and down for off.  However in the controls menu, there is only the option to have it on 1 button.   Which means I have to flip the switch on my collective up and down before returning to original position to switch my lights on and off.

is there a way I can set it up as it is in the actual aircraft, flick switch up light comes on, switch down light goes off?

In the Huey there are actually a bunch of these buttons, that have no "coded" positions or do only have a toggle. I know some folks did change things like this on other aircraft, but I don't know how to do this.

For the Huey I wish for all buttons/switches to have their states coded, so that you can set it via HOTAS and/or button boxes.

• Like 1

Test this for example for the landing light in ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\UH-1H\Input\UH-1H\joystick\default.lua

--LandingLight Control
{down = device_commands.Button_12, cockpit_device_id  = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Landing Light Switch'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

Recopy the line, modifying the value of 'value_down' and the name to avoid having a duplicate in the entries

{down = device_commands.Button_12, cockpit_device_id  = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Landing Light Switch OFF'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

This will create a specific input to turn off the 'switch'

Then it depends on your hardware which detects or not the switch to OFF and sends the info...