Mav sea mode

Rmnsvn

Hi all,

Is there a mode/fuse setting for f16 mags similar to the hornet’s ship mode? 
in the bug I can take a Grisha ship down with like 3 missiles while in the Viper they don’t seem to deal any significant damage. 

Sea mode is not the one responsible for higher boom, its cause hornet uses a larger warhead Maverick, hence only one per pylon. Sea mode only makes sea target acquisition easier.

Viper has them too, its the G and K model with larger warhead for higher damage.

Edited by Furiz

The E F G J K have the WDU-24 "big" warhead. I don't think anything specifically is different between F and G for example for fuzing but it might be. F is designed for naval due to how its target tracker works.

A B D H have WDU-20 anti-tank "small" warhead. If you're comparing F-18 to F-16 anti ship make sure you're using the big warhead on the F-16 as none of the F-18 missiles are the small ones.

You guys just seem to know everything here!

Thanks for explanations, I thought sea mode on hornet was responsible for some kind of delayed fusing or smth. I will give 65G a go and see if the results are similar. Thanks again!

SEA (or SHIP) mode on the G and F do the same thing: it sets the missile's tracking software to look for an object that is significantly wider than it is tall (so, ship shaped rather than tank shaped) and offsets the point of impact to the bottom of the tracked target rather than the center, to impact close to the waterline. 

I'm actually not sure if the AGM-65F has the ability to switch modes in flight like we see in the Hornet or if it's a physical switch like on the G. It may be a DCSism like changing the laser codes on LGBs in flight. 

• Thanks 2