A preferred fictional aircraft, ship, or tank you'd like to see...

Tank50us

Now, before I begin, I'm going to get some things out of the way.

First, I did look for an 'off topic' section, and couldn't find one (if one exists, then moderators please feel free to move this to that area).

Second: This is something meant for fun, and not a discussion on whether or not something wild and outlandish should be added (My opinion, if Gonzo and Bandai wish to add something from Yukikaze, that should be their call).

Third: A couple important ground rules: First. No transforming. Your craft may be capable of it within the medium it's part of, but for the purposes of this discussion, it must remain in its 'base' mode. Second, it must look as though it could be built with the technology we have available, or will soon have available (Basically, it must be human in design)

Finally: Pictures are preferred, but not necessary

With all that out of the way, the fictional unit I'd like to see get a full fidelity treatment would be the FFR-31MR "Super Sylph" from the anime series "Yukikaze". I know that the show focuses on the titular planes AI and its 'upgrade' from the second episode onward, but there's something about the Super Sylph that I've always loved. The craft is meant to perform high altitude recon flights, but is still capable of holding its own in a dogfight if it has to, even against the stupidly maneuverable JAM Type 1s and 2s. The Cockpit design is also on point, and I've always appreciated the shows attention to detail in this area. It really does make me think that if someone actually did sit down and make this, even as a mod, I'd hop into it in a heartbeat.

WarhawkPPC desktop backgrounds Yukikaze - GEARS Online

ArtStation - Yukikaze | FFR-31MR D Super Sylph, Alex Wong

Second sunset shot  Cloud background Photo by Tim Marshall on Unsplash

alex-wong-supersylph-default.jpg?1603665

With all that out of the way, have fun guys! Let's see the aircraft of fiction you've dreamed of stepping into.

Edited by Tank50us
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:37 AM, Tank50us said:

Now, before I begin, I'm going to get some things out of the way.

First, I did look for an 'off topic' section, and couldn't find one (if one exists, then moderators please feel free to move this to that area)...

I think the 'Chit Chat' section is the one you're after. 🙂

And can we include hypothetical stuff that was either a prototype, test vehicles, stuff never completed or never put into production?

If so:

Aircraft

• Yak-41M
  • MiG-29M
  • MiG 1.44/1.42 MFI
  • F-19
  • A/F-117X Seahawk
  • RAH-66 Comanche
  • F-111K
  • Yak-44

Ground Units

• KPz-70/MBT-70
  • Object 279
  • HSTV/L
  • Object 120
  • RDF/LT

Naval Units

• Pr. 1143.7 Ulyanovsk

Though I'd infinitely prefer production stuff.

Edited by Northstar98
Added MiG 1.44 and MiG-29M
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

A full fidelity X-Wing or Y-Wing would be fun, though limited unless we introduce extraplanetary flight. 

Given the need to stick close to the ground and operate in a semi-real near future world how about the dropship from Aliens?

See the source image

In a similar vein how about Terminator's HK?

See the source image

Or going more leftfield, a War of the Worlds campaign with AI tripods?  Given their known CBNR weaknesses ED will have to expand the weapons options a bit otherwise it will be a fairly one-sided fight.

See the source image

As you say though, just a bit of fun, not serious requests.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

LOVE This subject!!!!
Like @Northstar98 wrote, Chit-chat seems appropriate place.
Anyway. Apart from that:
F-19, Loved this one. Specially the Cold War mission/campaign where you had to shoot down things if you were discovered.

B-52 from "Flight of the Old Bear, or something. Book/Computer Game.

Comanche
Airwolf
Bluethunder (Can't believe we don't have this mod already, all FM complains/critic should be gone).

ROTFL
You made my day!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2