Positioning AI Groups Question

tmansteve

Hope someone can help as it is driving me mad. I can place the supercarrier and create a group as well as move the individual ships to position them. I place a group of 4 AI planes but can only move the 1st plane along with the others. Is it possible to move the individual planes to bring them into position like the ships?

I feel I was able to do this a while back. The 1st 2 planes are together but the 2nd 2 are quite a distance apart. 

I don't think so, at least I've never been able to. I've always had to create separate groups of 1. Are you trying to set up a specific formation spacing in the ME?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Hey rwbishUP, after a lot of testing, I have managed to adjust a group of 4 planes. You need to select the plane you want to position then slowly zoom out. Keep checking until you are able to move the plane. Took ages to figure it out but it works. You will have to keep zooming in and out to check position of each plane but it is worth it.

Hope this helps you out and others as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Hey rwbishUP, after a lot of testing, I have managed to adjust a group of 4 planes. You need to select the plane you want to position then slowly zoom out. Keep checking until you are able to move the plane. Took ages to figure it out but it works. You will have to keep zooming in and out to check position of each plane but it is worth it.

Wow, that's weird, thanks for letting me know about that!

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 11 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 6:31 PM, tmansteve said:

I did this by accident, in fact not wanting to do it at all. Then immediately after I decided I did want to do it. Then couldn't do it. Couldn't figure out how I'd accidentally done it before. Came here and found the answer. Didn't think zooming would have anything to do with it. Thanks for figuring this out.