Pre-Order?

Tank50us

Every single time I see a WIP image of the aircraft, I just want to throw money at you guys so I can have mine paid for when it finally drops. So.... when can we pre-order the Strike Eagle? I'd like to know so I can make my poor wallet cry XD

• Like 1

If we take past history its fair to say even if it was released this year, which I doubt, it would be 2024/2025 before functionality is ready to leave early access. 

Combine this with the other modules they are committed to develop, completing the ones they already have and with the small team its hard to see anything inside of this time frame.  

Way too early to start asking this question, encourage them to finish the modules they already have for purchase rather than encourage further stretching of limited resources.

• Like 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

1 hour ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

If we take past history its fair to say even if it was released this year, which I doubt, it would be 2024/2025 before functionality is ready to leave early access. 

Combine this with the other modules they are committed to develop, completing the ones they already have and with the small team its hard to see anything inside of this time frame.  

Way too early to start asking this question, encourage them to finish the modules they already have for purchase rather than encourage further stretching of limited resources.

I'm only asking when it will be available for preorder, not full release. Like ED has done with Hind and a few other modules.

Pre-Orders for DCS do not usually stretch beyond 6 months, and in fact the Harrier pre-order was only from the end of October to the 1st of Dec ( just over a month) so its unlikely you will see the pre-order for a while yet.

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

11 hours ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

Thanks for not answering the question, always helpful….  

13 hours ago, Tank50us said:

Every single time I see a WIP image of the aircraft, I just want to throw money at you guys so I can have mine paid for when it finally drops. So.... when can we pre-order the Strike Eagle? I'd like to know so I can make my poor wallet cry XD

Unknown at the time, most likely some time next year.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, FoxOne007 said:

Thanks for not answering the question, always helpful….  

Unknown at the time, most likely some time next year.

From where do you conclude its most likely next year???

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

2 hours ago, Bedouin said:

From where do you conclude its most likely next year???

It's only an estimate, but I'm guessing due to how quickly work is progressing on the Strike Eagle, that's his personal estimate on when it'll be ready for us to start throwing money at it, I imagine it being a bit sooner thought personally.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 12:47 PM, Tank50us said:

It's only an estimate, but I'm guessing due to how quickly work is progressing on the Strike Eagle, that's his personal estimate on when it'll be ready for us to start throwing money at it, I imagine it being a bit sooner thought personally.

Really, its been in progress for almost 6-8 years, and there have been WIP pictures released throughout this period, and I personally have had the same hope/idea that next year it will come to pre-order and been disappointed every time 😞 but I really hope your right, its my favorite jet and the only thing I want to fly other than choppers...

But I don't think you should hold your breath 🙂 

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

8 hours ago, Bedouin said:

Really, its been in progress for almost 6-8 years, and there have been WIP pictures released throughout this period, and I personally have had the same hope/idea that next year it will come to pre-order and been disappointed every time 😞 but I really hope your right, its my favorite jet and the only thing I want to fly other than choppers...

But I don't think you should hold your breath 🙂 

They haven't been working on the aircraft systems throughout that period, all of the WIP pictures have been of artwork. Work is now starting to happen on coding aircraft systems. That's the difference. RB have said that the F-15E is one of the next modules that is going to get full-time attention from them. I would also expect it some time next year.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.