Load troops and cargo using the payload editor

upyr1

3 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I would like the cargo bay to appear as a pylon in the payload editor with the option to load a squad of troops or cargo. 

This should be the case with every helo or transport. The Super Herc mod does this after all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tank50us said:

This should be the case with every helo or transport. The Super Herc mod does this after all.

Eagle needs to put more standard infantry weapons in the game, so we can have the standard rifle or machine gun squad.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Eagle needs to put more standard infantry weapons in the game, so we can have the standard rifle or machine gun squad.

I think they're planning to do just that actually given what they released in their recent newsletter

• Thanks 1

+1 I'd love to have some cargo configuration editor, preferably with the ability to populate seats or whatever with personnel, you could do the same for door gunners too I guess.

There's a popular C-130 for another civilian simulator, that had such a configurator (though was a separate program).

Another place where this would be useful (if expanded logistics and paratroopers ever get modelled) is with tactical and strategic airlifters.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

7 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

+1 I'd love to have some cargo configuration editor, preferably with the ability to populate seats or whatever with personnel, you could do the same for door gunners too 

That could be real time consuming so we need both. Idealy two or three levels could work-seat, vehicle, and flight. Seat would be individual troops, vehicle would be vehicles and units from fire teams to what ever the max is, and flight would be units that get destributed amoung the transport vehicles.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, upyr1 said:

That could be real time consuming so we need both. Idealy two or three levels could work-seat, vehicle, and flight. Seat would be individual troops, vehicle would be vehicles and units from fire teams to what ever the max is, and flight would be units that get destributed amoung the transport vehicles.

Simple solution is to have a field with a number that automatically populates slots, while having the ability to do it manually too.

How I envisage it is you have a top down view of the Hind, with a box you can can click at each position. Exactly like another program for another aircraft in another sim.

For APCs and IFVs it's probably more useful if we could reembark an infantry group via the advanced waypoint actions (i.e have a 'load group' button and then select the infantry group so long as the infantry group isn't larger than what the vehicle can carry). 

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Simple solution is to have a field with a number that automatically populates slots, while having the ability to do it manually too. How I envisage it is you have a top down view of the Hind, with a box you can can click at each position.

A drop down menu with unit templates would work just as well as the numbers, it would give the builder some control with out having to manually assign everything. 

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

For APCs and IFVs it's probably more useful if we could reembark an infantry group via the advanced waypoint actions (i.e have a 'load group' button and then select the infantry group so long as the infantry group isn't larger than what the vehicle can carry). 

this is how things work now. It is fine if the infantry are being picked up but it isn't that useful if the mission starts with moving APCs that are supposed to drop off troops

4 hours ago, upyr1 said:

this is how things work now. It is fine if the infantry are being picked up but it isn't that useful if the mission starts with moving APCs that are supposed to drop off troops

Yeah, that's what I meant, so loading the group, would essentially pre-load it into whatever vehicle, so that they're already embarked at mission start, without needing the whatever vehicle to pick them up.

System:

3 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, so loading the group, would essentially pre-load it into whatever vehicle, so that they're already embarked at mission start, without needing the whatever vehicle to pick them up.

It would be better to use the payload or a cargo editor as well to preload. Anyway I figure we need more infantry weapons and templates for different sized units so we can work with preloading those

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 4:29 AM, upyr1 said:

I would like the cargo bay to appear as a pylon in the payload editor with the option to load a squad of troops or cargo. 

This is a great idea!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

21 hours ago, upyr1 said:

It would be better to use the payload or a cargo editor as well to preload. Anyway I figure we need more infantry weapons and templates for different sized units so we can work with preloading those

Here's the kind of editor I was talking about. Here this is an airliner, but they did the same thing for a C-130 (and you could also add vehicles, stretchers, towed artillery etc, though unfortunately none of it actually showed up inside). You can click on individual slots, or you could just key in a number or use arrows and it would automatically populate them.

What we'd have to do is be able load in a group and/or a template, which would then populate slots automatically, but (in larger aircraft at least) we could click on slots if we wanted to manually place where units of said group are sitting. We could also do the same thing for ground vehicles such as APCs, trucks, IFVs etc.

Preferably this can be a tab next to loadout in the ME (e.g 'Cargo Transportation'), for appropriate vehicles. 

We could even do the same thing for fuel, allowing us to alter the fuel quantity of each fuel tank (including externals) individually, but keeping the current system where we just have a total (again, this could be a tab in the mission editor (advanced fuel configuration). 

Edited by Northstar98

System:

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Here's the kind of editor I was talking about. Here this is an airliner, but they did the same thing for a C-130 (and you could also add vehicles, stretchers, towed artillery etc, though unfortunately none of it actually showed up inside). You can click on individual slots, or you could just key in a number or use arrows and it would automatically populate them.

What we'd have to do is be able load in a group and/or a template, which would then populate slots automatically, but (in larger aircraft at least) we could click on slots if we wanted to manually place where units of said group are sitting. We could also do the same thing for ground vehicles such as APCs, trucks, IFVs etc.

Preferably this can be a tab next to loadout in the ME (e.g 'Cargo Transportation'), for appropriate vehicles. 

We could even do the same thing for fuel, allowing us to alter the fuel quantity of each fuel tank (including externals) individually, but keeping the current system where we just have a total (again, this could be a tab in the mission editor (advanced fuel configuration). 

To work as "cargo" need build some points previously:

- Add realistic "cargo" connectors to the aircrafts to configurate them as slot points as a carrier, to show them meanwhile make transport. 

- Add all entry and exit routes as a aircraft landing and take off as previously to make them realistic.

- Some kind of editor (your example) to configurate internal cargos.

- Implement on core, the capability to aircrafts all individual tank selection refueling on cargo aircrafts (is appicable).

- Balance and CG with propper cargo.

And a note.... make them realistic, no more UH-1H / Mi-8 transport tanks / IFVs as some MP servers (facepalm)......

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

- Add realistic "cargo" connectors to the aircrafts to configurate them as slot points as a carrier, to show them meanwhile make transport. (please,

- Add all entry and exit routes as a aircraft landing and take off as previously to make them realistic.

- Implement on core, the capability to aircrafts all individual tank selection refueling on cargo aircrafts (is appicable).

And a note.... make them realistic, no more UH-1H / Mi-8 transport tanks / IFVs as some MP servers (facepalm)......

Agreed on all counts.

• Like 1

System:

With all of that said, as long as Ciribob's (I think that's the author's name, please correct me if Im wrong) excellent helicopter cargo mod works (and doesn't cause crashes or issues in 2.7) or will work with the Hind in some fashion, I will be happy. 

I don't expect to be hauling the same kind of cargo as I do in the HiP or the Huey, but getting some support troops in there (like a Manpad team) and dropping them close where I'm going to be engaging hostiles will do wonders for survivability in this chopper 🙂

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

12 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

c757_2.gif

I'm with you on this, I'm just saying that we should take your idea, and add the ability to load units using some sort of unit template and it will be even better

11 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

- Add realistic "cargo" connectors to the aircrafts to configurate them as slot points as a carrier, to show them meanwhile make transport. 

Dittos

Edited by upyr1

15 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I'm with you on this, I'm just saying that we should take your idea, and add the ability to load units using some sort of unit template and it will be even better

Yeah, that's what you'd have to do anyway, have a 'load group' button and some provision there to allow you to select one, either a drop down preset or be able to click on the map with them or something like that.

If it was just individual units you'd need away of grouping them together, which sounds more trouble than it's worth.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

8 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, that's what you'd have to do anyway, have a 'load group' button and some provision there to allow you to select one, either a drop down preset or be able to click on the map with them or something like that.

If it was just individual units you'd need away of grouping them together, which sounds more trouble than it's worth.

IF you look at this thread I started 

I had some ideas to improve the templates mainly making it a TOE table editor. So combine the two-