EMERG/PARK Brake Handle Operation

I am having an issue getting this to work with two switches running through DCS BIOS.  This is how I currently have it setup, but I can't get it to move from PARK after it is there.

const byte emergencyParkingBrakeRotatePins[3] = {51, 53};
DcsBios::SwitchMultiPos emergencyParkingBrakeRotate("EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_ROTATE", emergencyParkingBrakeRotatePins, 3);
DcsBios::Switch2Pos emergencyParkingBrakePull("EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_PULL", 52);

I get the same response if I just use the two position switch option.  It will move up and down and it will rotate from EMERG to PARK until I get it pulled and set to PARK than it won't move at all.  I am finding this strange.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

What are other people doing that have full cockpit mock ups with the Brakes handle in the F/A-18C Hornet cockpit?  Someone over on Github just told me that this is an issue with no fix and probably won't have one anytime soon.  I have the same switch setup for my Wing Fold handle and it works every single time.  Any help will be very greatly appreciated.  I DON'T want to use my mouse or keyboard during any aspect of my F/A-18C Hornet flight.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

• 7 months later...

Im having the same problem @hrnet940. You have still no fix for this? I guess the workaround is using a leobodnar to emulate the ccw and cw action. But kinda annoying not being able to use the arduino for this:(

My code is like this, but still it wont work.. 

const byte emergencyParkingBrakeRotatePins[3] = {PIN_0, PIN_1, PIN_2};
DcsBios::SwitchMultiPos emergencyParkingBrakeRotate("EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_ROTATE", emergencyParkingBrakeRotatePins, 3);

Edited by Minimanzack

10 hours ago, Minimanzack said:

Im having the same problem @hrnet940. You have still no fix for this? I guess the workaround is using a leobodnar to emulate the ccw and cw action. But kinda annoying not being able to use the arduino for this:(

My code is like this, but still it wont work.. 

const byte emergencyParkingBrakeRotatePins[3] = {PIN_0, PIN_1, PIN_2};

Hi MINIMANZACK,

I am currently running one Leo Bodnar BBI-32 and was hoping to phase this out of the cockpit build, but I might need to keep it for this along with APU Start and Engine Crank switches.  I have those setup with one (ON)-OFF-(ON) switch for the Engine Crank and one OFF-(ON) switch for the APU Start.  This allows them to appear as they are magnetic switches by already being in their OFF position when the switch turns off in DCS.  Not perfect, but it gets the job done.  I might explore your fix or use the two switches I already have setup from the Arduino attempt and connect them to the BBI-32 and get it working that way.  Thanks for showing me how you have gone about dealing with this issue.  I have heard that it is a problem with the proprietary code; they won't allow someone else to fix it and make our lives easier in our ultimate quest to have our cockpits built and functioning as we wish. 

Happy Cockpit Building,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

You guys are way over my head on this but I think it may be a DCS problem. I use my mouse to run the wing fold switch. Scroll moves it in or out and right or left mouse button rotates it. I see that the park brake seems to need similar action based on the labels on the panel. But nothing I do will make it rotate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, CBStu said:

You guys are way over my head on this but I think it may be a DCS problem. I use my mouse to run the wing fold switch. Scroll moves it in or out and right or left mouse button rotates it. I see that the park brake seems to need similar action based on the labels on the panel. But nothing I do will make it rotate.

I agree. No matter what I do in dcs-bios it wont move from locked position. The solution to this is, to use a HID arduino like Leonardo or Micro. This way you can map the CW and CCW like a joystick and the problem is solved.