ATTH performance changed?

lt_divannyi

It is just me or after the last update ATTH autopilot mode dampening stick input much less?
I usually use it during A2A refueling and now it feels weird.
ATTH specifically has not changed. However the control stick steering (CSS) was just implimented properly. CSS is another A/P mode enabled by depressing A/P the. ON/OFF PB. CSS will dampen you control inputs making them much smoother rather than maintain a particular altitude/attitude. Now when you move the stick with ATTH engaged the system reverts to CSS while you are maneuvering. Since this behavior has been updated it makes sense that forcing an ATTH reversion to CSS will now feel different.

Going forward I suggest you do away with ATTH for AAR and just use the CSS for the dampened control inputs.

Also note that with CSS you can use the trim hat to adjust pitch and roll without affecting your actual trim. (Right now there is sometimes a bug where using the trim switch in CSS changes the actual trim...)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

ATTH specifically has not changed. However the control stick steering (CSS) was just implimented properly. CSS is another A/P mode enabled by depressing A/P the. ON/OFF PB. CSS will dampen you control inputs making them much smoother rather than maintain a particular altitude/attitude. Now when you move the stick with ATTH engaged the system reverts to CSS while you are maneuvering. Since this behavior has been updated it makes sense that forcing an ATTH reversion to CSS will now feel different.

Going forward I suggest you do away with ATTH for AAR and just use the CSS for the dampened control inputs.

Also note that with CSS you can use the trim hat to adjust pitch and roll without affecting your actual trim. (Right now there is sometimes a bug where using the trim switch in CSS changes the actual trim...)

So, I've never used auto pilot for refueling and basic have the hang of getting AAR done quick and easy.  However, today in the Raven One campaign I pull up behind the tanker and for the life of me couldn't get into position.  Finally, after working up a horrendous sweat and being all tensed up I was able to connect take on most of my fuel until the tanker turned then I was back to square one.  What is this CSS you're talking about?  Maybe I had it on and didn't know or off and it should have been on?  I don't know but right now my entire body is sore from trying to hang on to the tanker when it's usually something I can do without a second thought.  I was using coupled steering on the way to the tanker but I hit the paddle to disengage the A/P.

So, I've never used auto pilot for refueling and basic have the hang of getting AAR done quick and easy.  However, today in the Raven One campaign I pull up behind the tanker and for the life of me couldn't get into position.  Finally, after working up a horrendous sweat and being all tensed up I was able to connect take on most of my fuel until the tanker turned then I was back to square one.  What is this CSS you're talking about?  Maybe I had it on and didn't know or off and it should have been on?  I don't know but right now my entire body is sore from trying to hang on to the tanker when it's usually something I can do without a second thought.  I was using coupled steering on the way to the tanker but I hit the paddle to disengage the A/P.
So CSS is the basic pilot relief "auto pilot" mode. It is engaged when any of the A/P options is selected. If you then deselect an A/P option CSS remains engaged. Using the paddle switch will cancel the A/P option and CSS. CSS in its own is engaged by pressing A/P then ON/OFF. With CSS engaged there will be a A/P ADV- on the left DDI.

21 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

So CSS is the basic pilot relief "auto pilot" mode. It is engaged when any of the A/P options is selected. If you then deselect an A/P option CSS remains engaged. Using the paddle switch will cancel the A/P option and CSS. CSS in its own is engaged by pressing A/P then ON/OFF. With CSS engaged there will be a A/P ADV- on the left DDI.

So many things to learn in this jet!  I made a training mission and tested out CSS engaged and disengaged behind the tanker.  There is most definitely a difference!  With it engaged I could pull up exactly like I used to be able to before the last patch.  Disengaged and I was all over the place.  I never remember turning any autopilot on before and my Axis Curves haven't changed.  I still have to wonder why I'm suddenly having to use CSS to get in position where I never had to before.  I reloaded mission three of Raven One last night and was able to tank no problem with CSS engaged.  Thank you Hulkbust!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RacerOne said:

So many things to learn in this jet!  I made a training mission and tested out CSS engaged and disengaged behind the tanker.  There is most definitely a difference!  With it engaged I could pull up exactly like I used to be able to before the last patch.  Disengaged and I was all over the place.  I never remember turning any autopilot on before and my Axis Curves haven't changed.  I still have to wonder why I'm suddenly having to use CSS to get in position where I never had to before.  I reloaded mission three of Raven One last night and was able to tank no problem with CSS engaged.  Thank you Hulkbust!

Any chance you were using the UFC buttons to "turn off" previous A/P modes?  It isn't truly killed unless you use the paddle switch.  If you just unselect it with the UFC it defaults back to CSS.  On further thought, this shouldn't have changed with the recent update, so unless you changed procedure it's not likely the case.