Aircraft stop obeying altitude and airspeed commanded by player upon passing a CA waypoint

Posted (edited)

I am aware that I have previously reported this issue and it may have been fixed previously. Everything I describe here occurs in version 2.7.1.6430.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a mission in which there is a single aircraft which starts in flight with a single waypoint and a CA tactical commander on the same side as the aircraft.
  2. Run this mission and enter the tactical commander role.
  3. Using the command map, give this aircraft a route which contains two waypoints.
  4. Before the aircraft arrives at the first waypoint, use the altitude and airspeed sliders to command the aircraft to some different airspeed and altitude.

Expected behaviour:

The aircraft should go to the first waypoint at the speed and altitude specified by the sliders, reach the first waypoint, and then go to the second waypoint at the speed and altitude specified by the sliders.

Actual behaviour:

The aircraft goes to the first waypoint at the speed and altitude specified by the sliders. Upon reaching the first waypoint, its target speed and altitude change back to what they were before they were changed by the user using the sliders. The aircraft then proceeds toward the second waypoint at the old speed and altitude instead of those set by the user.

If the aircraft is selected on the command map at the moment it passes the first waypoint, the sliders will not visually update to reflect this. However, if the aircraft is deselected and selected again after passing the first waypoint, the sliders will show the aircraft's real target speed and altitude instead of what they were before passing the waypoint.

Evidence:

See the attached track file and this video: 

waypointpass.trk

Edited by meltingSnowdrift