2.7.1 BUG F/A-18C Close Radar Vertical Lock is incorrect

Sonoda Umi

Posted (edited)

As  above.

The Vertical Lock mode cannot lock aircraft correctly. I cannot see the lock symbology when I use this mode, and the Lock Range is reading 99NM.

Edited by Sonoda Umi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonoda Umi said:

As  above.

The Vertical Lock mode cannot lock aircraft correctly. I cannot see the lock symbology when I use this mode, and the Lock Range is reading 99NM.

Could you post a track file to help identify the issue?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Could you post a track file to help identify the issue?

image.png

Seeing this picture, you can note HUD symbology reading 99.9NM Lock Range.

This mission is Quick Start MiG-29 BFM

See this screenshot, the bug coming again. 

图像_2021-05-22_024226.png

Edited by Sonoda Umi
  • Like 1

I noticed the same thing, looks like the bug happens if you are rolling (or maybe just generally maneuvering) in the exact moment in which the radar automatically locks the target. I'm not 100% sure about this, maybe there's something else going on.

I tried GACQ and HACQ. As you can see the target is locked normally if I'm not rolling, but if the target is acquired while rolling, then the radar will lock a "ghost target".

f18 acm.trk

4 minutes ago, Donald_Shimoda said:

I noticed the same thing, looks like the bug happens if you are rolling (or maybe just generally maneuvering) in the exact moment in which the radar automatically locks the target. I'm not 100% sure about this, maybe there's something else going on.

I tried GACQ and HACQ. As you can see the target is locked normally if I'm not rolling, but if the target is acquired while rolling, then the radar will lock a "ghost target".

f18 acm.trk 723.3 kB · 1 download

"ghost target lol. nice metaphor.

same problem.
decent ACM is impossible now and in bvr you need to stay still and try 3-4 times lock a target (while not manouvring) till you get a decent lock.

well, it applies to BVR modes too, if i try lock while manouvring (a very common situation while trying to dodge enemy missiles) it locks ghost targets and lose lock immediately.

34 minutes ago, DLEGION said:

well, it applies to BVR modes too, if i try lock while manouvring (a very common situation while trying to dodge enemy missiles) it locks ghost targets and lose lock immediately.

Actually, yes.

18 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

Same problem for me since the update.

Yes, same here. Just ran into this problem while dogfighting a Viper. Pretty annoying stuff. 3 or 4 times my radar locked a ghost contact 99nm away in GACQ and the 5th time actually worked. There are track files present in this thread, by the way. Any chance to have another look at this one, ED?

Posted (edited)

looking at this post plus the WPDSG ranging and Azimuth issues plus the bullseye issues... 

Smthing  seems globally wrong with ranging and 3d geometry on the hornet... 

Edited by VIXEN413

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Posted (edited)

did try it out too. Can reproduce as well on this mission where I mimic the 9x mission against 4 mig 29.

I shake the plane on purpose and try to reproduce so dont mind the stupid ACM maneuvers but indeed, if you are applying any acceleration in any plan, the ACM mode locks totally out of direction and to 99Nm. If steady, you might get a proper lock.

Tested VACQ and a bit of Bore. both with the 9x and gun.

Totally reproductible. MP or SP

Regards

server-20210525-133552.trk

Edited by VIXEN413

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map