LD-10 cannot be intercepted by any sort of SAM (Ground and Ship)

Shadow KT

The LD-10 cannot be intercept by any SAM, both land and sea based. No CIWS, nothing. 

The only SAM, which is even capable of reacting to the LD-10 is the SA-15 and it can only do so, after the missile is within 5nm, at which point, it is too late to react.

LD-10.trk

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Those are two facts, which do no contradict this issue. Yes, it is the same body as an SD-10, which similar to an AIM-120. Yes, radar detection and tracking is based on RCS, as it should be. 

The RCS needs to be adjusted. All other big AA missiles are visible on radar now and ED seem to be backing that, so this one should be adjusted as well. Systems like the patriot or Phalanx can track objects as small as mortar shells.

'Shadow'

2021/5/29 AM3点40分,Shadow KT说:

Those are two facts, which do no contradict this issue. Yes, it is the same body as an SD-10, which similar to an AIM-120. Yes, radar detection and tracking is based on RCS, as it should be. 

The RCS needs to be adjusted. All other big AA missiles are visible on radar now and ED seem to be backing that, so this one should be adjusted as well. Systems like the patriot or Phalanx can track objects as small as mortar shells.

Yes, the actual RCS does not determine whether the radar can detect, but the distance of detection. At present, the judgment logic of the game mechanism is wrong. As a result, objects at the lower limit of RCS can not be detected and intercepted at all. 😂

Many air-to-ground weapons will not be intercepted by air defense systems, such as all bombs and guided bombs, only those classified as missiles will be intercepted. The lack of air defense systems to intercept guided bombs is the biggest flaw of DCS.

• Like 1

My native language is not English. This is the content translated by the translator. It may lack enough politeness, may unintentionally offend others, and may not be able to express my accurate meaning.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:39 AM, JG54_NF2 said:

Yes, the actual RCS does not determine whether the radar can detect, but the distance of detection. At present, the judgment logic of the game mechanism is wrong. As a result, objects at the lower limit of RCS can not be detected and intercepted at all. 😂

That is not a completely wrong. Smaller RCS, does lead to a smaller distance at detection. As far as I've seen in the lua for the vehicles, they do have defined sizes for what they can track.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:40 AM, travelaround said:

Many air-to-ground weapons will not be intercepted by air defense systems, such as all bombs and guided bombs, only those classified as missiles will be intercepted. The lack of air defense systems to intercept guided bombs is the biggest flaw of DCS.

I wouldn't call its biggest flaw. In general, 90% of the time it is not that big of problem. If you have someone on top of you dropping bombs, you have already screwed up. All the long range stuff is classified as missiles anyway

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity

'Shadow'

19小时前,Shadow KT说:

这并非完全错误。较小的 RCS 确实会导致较小的检测距离。就我在 lua 中看到的车辆而言,它们确实定义了可以跟踪的大小。

我不会称其为最大的缺陷。一般来说,90% 的情况下问题不大。如果有人在你上面投炸弹,那你就已经搞砸了。无论如何,所有远程物品都归类为导弹

My native language is not English, this is the result of the translator, and the expression may be inaccurate.

GBU bombs and CBU103/105 have a large release height and distance, and should be intercepted by anti-aircraft weapons. It is wrong for a ground short-range air defense unit to be attacked by JDAM without any response. The warship was attacked by laser-guided bombs, and it was wrong for the near defense guns not to try to intercept them.

My native language is not English. This is the content translated by the translator. It may lack enough politeness, may unintentionally offend others, and may not be able to express my accurate meaning.

4 hours ago, travelaround said:

My native language is not English, this is the result of the translator, and the expression may be inaccurate.

GBU bombs and CBU103/105 have a large release height and distance, and should be intercepted by anti-aircraft weapons. It is wrong for a ground short-range air defense unit to be attacked by JDAM without any response. The warship was attacked by laser-guided bombs, and it was wrong for the near defense guns not to try to intercept them.

Okey, but I don't understand why even post that. No one here is saying that bombs shouldn't be interceptable. Only thing I said is that it is not DCS' "biggest" issues.... a lot bigger issues are present. 

Besides, this is off topic from the bug report.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

3分钟前,Shadow KT说:

好吧,但我不明白为什么还要发布那个。这里没有人说炸弹不应该被拦截。我唯一要说的是,这不是 DCS 的“最大”问题……存在很多更大的问题。 

此外,这与错误报告无关。

The native language of is not English, this is the result of translation, and the expression may be inaccurate.

I'm sorry if you offend. What I want to express is that GBU bombs, CBU103/105 and LD-10 will not be intercepted. This is a type of problem and the same BUG. DCS has major flaws in this respect and should be corrected by the developer. This is not a minor problem with RCS. The air defense radar can even detect mortar shells at close range, not to mention these ammunition larger than 200mm in diameter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I simply replayed my track and I immediately saw both LD-10 and AGM-88 were being intercepted at the same time, with the same amount of missiles. What I saw makes me think the SD-10 RCS fix was efficient.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting... Patriot intercepts from 25nm, at 30K altitude for the SD-10, but in the same conditions, the S-300 will engage at 9nm, which leaves it very little time to react to multiple shots.

'Shadow'

Okey, I re-ran and I got different results. 

So for 30000 feet launches. I got a shoot at 14nm for the LD-10 from the S-300 and 18-19nm for an AGM-88. Which seems reasonable.

Meanwhile it feel like the Patriot firing range got a buff, it shoots at LD-10s (same altitude launch) from 24nm, and at AGM-88s as far as 36nm. 

That said, it doesn't really help in anyway, as at that range, it just misses and wastes 3 missiles per shot

'Shadow'