Support stopped responding

memoric

Hello

So my Winwing stick broke twice within a year, and I wrote Support because of warranty. They asked me, if i can repair it by myself with spare parts from them. I answered no. Then they suddenly stopped answering my mails.

Last time I got a new stick, but had to destroy the old one, and send them pictures from the destroyed one. Bad thing is, the new one broke exactly the same way as the one before (Recce Button fell off, and cannot be put on back again). And the only acceptable solution for me is replace it with a new one. I cannot repair it by myself. I haven't got the tools nor the knowledge to do so...

So what should I do know?

Last reply from them was nearly 2 weeks ago...

Thanks

Edited by memoric

I wouldn't call it broken if it's just recce button. It's definitely not worth shipping the whole grip back and forth just for that. 

Some of the reviews also had an issue with the thing falling out, so I presume some glue would help or something. 

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I understand that, but the recce button seems to be a bit of a weak point in the design in addition to how it's used.

Sounds like they already replaced it once and I would say it's unrealistic to expect they'll keep shipping the grips back and forth for you.

Better bet would be to accept the replacement parts and find some electronic service shop in your area which can install it for you quickly.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Thanks 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you found a solution which works for you, but I would presume they haven't changed the design of this small hat/button?

In that case, if it died on you twice already, it's reasonable to expect the same issue to pop up sooner or later, no?

Oh, that would be cool. Please report back if you notice any differences with the new grip.