Is this project dead?

Semor76

As the title says..

I´m  curious about what´s going on with the Mig? Didn´t see/hear much about it for moths.

• Like 1

forum.png

Its not "dead". There just probably isnt much to show. If I understand correctly MiG-23 is currently not priority for RAZBAM. There are some earlier projects in development like F-15E, Pucara, South Atlantic etc. + lot of work on released modules like AV-8 and M2000.

Not dead, just Razbam telling us too soon what they aim for in the distant future… They have an F-15E on the works, which I believe is the next module, once they have finished well enough the modules they already have released, as they said. MiG-23, who knows when.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Lol, the F-15E has been "in development" since 2012

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

13 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

just Razbam telling us too soon what they aim for in the distant future… who knows when.

Or in other words...more or less dead ^^

My initial thought with this topic was to trigger one of RAZBAM´s dev´s to show up and maybe tell us the actual status of the Mig-23.

If one of them would visit this forums on a regular basis....

• Like 3

forum.png

9 hours ago, BonerCat said:

Lol, the F-15E has been "in development" since 2012

So you see my point 😅.

3 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Or in other words...more or less dead

Well, yes, and no. It can't be dead if never started to develop properly or fully in the first place. A few 3D renders isn't development, it's just a reminder they aim for that in a distant future, a sign of good will towards this aircraft as a future development.

Don't get me wrong, I crave for the MiG-23, and a good one I'm sure Razbam is going to make since the -21 is a gem and there'll be comparisons galore, but it's just the obvious reality that declaring intentions for the distant future doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon. I wish it would, but I don't think we're seen it soon and asking every day isn't changing that.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Looking at the previous images I notice a lot of the avionics in the Mig-23 are similar to that of the SU-25. The autopilot controls look the same and obviously the flight instruments are of that period. Just thinking it would be cool if, eventually, they were used in a FF frog foot module. I would buy a FF, highly modelled frog foot in a heart beat 🤩 

Will be cool to learn this module when it does come along. Love the soviet stuff, all bells and whistles

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

I feel like they are ignoring Mig-23 followers DCS forum. No news, no updates sound very sad.

Sorry, couldn't fix your mistake....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Simple answer to your questions is that F-15 will sell much better than Mig-23 and F-15 needs 2 people to fly it so again more sales. Maybe ED will grant them Flight model from F-15C so development will go quicker. I would expect F-15 to be ready for beta in around 2023 and Mig-23 in around 2024-2025 don't get sad just get used to that in DCS time flows slower like in black hole, and some company's already passed the event horrizon.

They've been showing a lot of new images of the A-29 and the F-15E. The Mig-23 is clearly behind anything else they working at, wich i find very sad. DCS need REDFOR aircrafts way more than those. It should be at least keeping it at the same level.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LCO489 said:

They've been showing a lot of new images of the A-29 and the F-15E. The Mig-23 is clearly behind anything else they working at

That's probably a byproduct of those being worked on a lot longer... The 23 was not even announced as a future goal until fairly recently. I would like to think they're organised well enough to do things in the order they started.

With the Harrier and Mirage in final stages, as far as I can tell, I expect they'll turn additional attention to the Farmer and then eventually the Mudhen. I wouldn't expect to see the A-29 or MiG-23 anytime soon as they've stated repeatedly those two are just 3d modeling right now to keep the artist busy. They haven't taken any money from anybody or killed anybody's dog, so I wish people would grow up and stop being so petulant because ''the edgy kids burn Razbam'' @@

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The problem with Razbam is that they start too many projects (3 EA planes, at least 4 in dev), have a lot of 3D designers, but only a few if not a single coder. 

They communicate poorly and the 2 first DCS modules were buggy like hell when released. Mirage was awful, Harrier little better. Mig-19 is fun, but easy avionics.

Let's talk about some of their projects :

A29 Super Tucano : in dev since at least 2017.... a community mod released this year was developped way faster. 

F15E Strike Eagle : some teasing and nothing more, just saying they will use ED external model. With such a complicated avionics, I fear the result

Mig-23 Flogger : some teasing and no news

English Electric Lightning : some teasing and no news    

IA Pucara : some teasing and no news

Falklands map : in dev for years....

And finally the BO105.... First developed by Polyshop, then a single guy who created MilTech continued alone but as he is a 3D designer he searched a coder for years and finally Razbam said they will finish it.... 7 years in developement, but I guess we will never see this helicopter.

Here is a good summary Can someone explain the negativity towards developers like razbam and heatblur : hoggit (reddit.com)

The finished work is not bad at all, after months/years of work, but they should focus on less projects,

Only my 2 cents and my feelings.

Edited by Zarma
  • Like 7

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zarma said:

The problem with Razbam is that they start too many projects (3 EA planes, at least 4 in dev), have a lot of 3D designers, but only a few if not a single coder. 

They communicate poorly and the 2 first DCS modules were buggy like hell when released. Mirage was awful, Harrier little better. Mig-19 is fun, but easy avionics.

Let's talk about some of their projects :

A29 Super Tucano : in dev since at least 2017.... a community mod released this year was developped way faster. 

F15E Strike Eagle : some teasing and nothing more, just saying they will use ED external model. With such a complicated avionics, I fear the result

Mig-23 Flogger : some teasing and no news

English Electric Lightning : some teasing and no news    

Here is a good summary Can someone explain the negativity towards developers like razbam and heatblur : hoggit (reddit.com)

The finished work is not bad at all, after months/years of work, but they should focus on less projects,

- Mirage 2000C under military contract by French Air force and continue making improvements.

- AV-8B under use by USMC and making improvements.

- Super Tucano under military contract by Ecuatorian Air force

- F-15C show internal cockpit working and fly into DCS World.

- Mig23 on low prority yet.

- English Electric Lightning: a very low priority module and none confirmed yet.

Hoggit.... the "we have continue attack ED and we have the god word"...

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, phant said:

This is interesting: can you provide the source of the news?

The AV-8B is still in use with 4 or 5 USMC squadrons. They have not yet been fully replaced by the F-35B.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, phant said:

This is interesting: can you provide the source of the news?

Bye

Phant

On fast In Wiki:
""In 2013, the USMC was studying potential enhancements to keep the AV-8B Harrier IIs up to date until its planned retirement, such as a helmet-mounted cueing system. It is also predicted that additional work on the aircraft's radars and sensor systems may take place. The USMC's Harrier II fleet was planned to remain in service until 2030, owing to delays with the F-35B and the fact that the Harriers have more service life left than USMC F/A-18 Hornets.[58] However, by 2014 the USMC had decided to retire the AV-8B sooner because changing the transition orders of Harrier II and Hornet fleets to the Lightning II would save $1 billion. The F-35B began replacing the AV-8B in 2016, with the AV-8B expected to continue service until 2025. Meanwhile, the AV-8B is to receive revamped defensive measures, updated data-link capability and targeting sensors, and improved missiles and rockets, among other enhancements.""

23 ore fa, Krez ha scritto:

The AV-8B is still in use with 4 or 5 USMC squadrons. They have not yet been fully replaced by the F-35B.

6 ore fa, Nahen ha scritto:

On fast In Wiki:
""In 2013, the USMC was studying potential enhancements to keep the AV-8B Harrier IIs up to date until its planned retirement, such as a helmet-mounted cueing system. It is also predicted that additional work on the aircraft's radars and sensor systems may take place. The USMC's Harrier II fleet was planned to remain in service until 2030, owing to delays with the F-35B and the fact that the Harriers have more service life left than USMC F/A-18 Hornets.[58] However, by 2014 the USMC had decided to retire the AV-8B sooner because changing the transition orders of Harrier II and Hornet fleets to the Lightning II would save $1 billion. The F-35B began replacing the AV-8B in 2016, with the AV-8B expected to continue service until 2025. Meanwhile, the AV-8B is to receive revamped defensive measures, updated data-link capability and targeting sensors, and improved missiles and rockets, among other enhancements.""

I think I expressed myself wrong: I understood that Silver_Dragon was referring to the use of the RAZBAM module for training purposes by the USMC.

The request for a source to confirm this was related to that scenario, not the USMC's use of the (real) Harrier.

But obviously I misunderstood the Silver_Dragon reference.

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI