VAB Memphisto is not working.

BioZ

Hi everyone, the new anti-tank ATGM vehicle Memphisto is br0ken. 

It will pop the eye at the start of the game, but further won't engage or do anything whatsoever. Basically, it is not engaging targets. 

memph.trk

Attached a quick track, (Track is speed up). I checked and Memphs did not engage any targets with normal speed as well. 

Edited by BioZ

12 hours ago, BioZ said:

Hi everyone, the new anti-tank ATGM vehicle Memphisto is br0ken. 

It will pop it's eye at the start of the game, but further won't engage or do anything whatsoever. Basically, it is not engaging targets. 

memph.trk 39.93 kB · 2 downloads

Attached a quick track, (Track is speed up). I checked and Memphs did not engage any targets with normal speed as well. 

Yeah and I think I know why, when driving it for yourself, you have to hit the fire selected weapon button twice; the first press fully erects the launcher, you then have to wait a second or so, and then your 2nd press actually fires the missile. After the missile has been fired, the launcher retracts again.

The AI is probably only hitting fire once, which is why you see the launcher erect, but no missile launch.

As a side note, DCS seems to think it's firing a HOT-2, when the 3D model is a HOT-3 (the HOT-2 has the bulged warhead, but has a longer and more pointy nose, the HOT-3 on the other hand has a nose that is more stubby - like the one in DCS).

Spoiler

Here's what a HOT-2 looks like:

hot.jpg

And here's a HOT-3:

640px-Euromissile_HOT_-_MAE.jpg

Which is what the HOT in DCS looks like.

VCAC_Memphisto_Launch.trk

Edited by Northstar98
Accidentally used quote instead of spoiler

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.