WPDSG not slewing Litening pod to target most of the time

When selecting a 0AGL waypoint as WPDSG, Litening will will not slew to the WP. It seems to be related to the zoom levels, as sometimes it works on the first attempt, but once zoomed in/out, it does not.

Screenshots depict WP 1 selected:

image.png

and subsequent WPDSG ground stabilises the pod wherever it was looking (as if TDC depressed):

image.png

Attached is a short track that demonstrates the inability to slew the pod into the correct waypoint. We can also see visible stutter on the zoomed in image, which no longer floats at the same pace as the plane, when in snowplough mode.

WPDSG bug.trk

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat

I appreciate you @[ED]Obi

7 minutes ago, [ED]Obi said:

Another workaround is to assign the TDC to another screen, then WPDESG. You can then move TDC back to the pod. This is fixed internally already. Thanks

do you know if the part with jumpy snowplough is in this fix, by any chance?

Had the same issue. Tryied WPDSG from SA or HSI page, designation went to snowplow.

I had to switch SCS to HUD first then type WPDSG OSB again to finaly get the TPOD to waypoint/markpoint.

Same issue when using WPDSG to give a JDAM/JSOW TOO coords. Weapons get coord from snowplow point.

Edited by FIVE-one
  • Like 2

same issue here,in 4YA server the TPG and weapons designation to the sea or the sky

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Just tried this using mark points and same issue. I can designate  a target..markpoint repeat...When hitting WPDSG pod is nowhere near the mark point I just set. It's "broken"

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

15 hours ago, FIVE-one said:

Had the same issue. Tryied WPDSG from SA or HSI page, designation went to snowplow.

I had to switch SCS to HUD first then type WPDSG OSB again to finaly get the TPOD to waypoint/markpoint.

Same issue when using WPDSG to give a JDAM/JSOW TOO coords. Weapons get coord from snowplow point.

1 hour ago, flankerjun said:

same issue here,in 4YA server the TPG and weapons designation to the sea or the sky

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Just tried this using mark points and same issue. I can designate  a target..markpoint repeat...When hitting WPDSG pod is nowhere near the mark point I just set. It's "broken"

hey folks, read up for the workaround - move your SCS to another DDI and you're good to go! 

Same issue and none of the above fixes work. It either slews to the sky directly over the waypoint or designates a point on the ground where your crosshairs happen to be place at the time you push designate. I have also noticed the Map is no longer displayed on the HSI unless you zoom all the way in to 10 on the scale. 

-EDIT: It seems that target/wypt elevation isn't automatic anymore. It will slew correctly to a wypt if you manually set the alt to the correct alt. 

Edited by VictorDavion

This was driving me insane yesterday.....so it’s a bug.........I thought I was going mad, trying to work out what was going wrong

• Like 2

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 3 weeks later...