Dress the C-130 Propellers on Parked A/C

Herk

Parked DCS C-130’s props should be up and down in cruciform to aid in FOD protection and looks. They shouldn’t look as if someone parked it and then blew Dodge. Just a suggestion for a modification.

• Like 1

I don't know about the modern herks and their props, but the old A's B's E's early H's required the number one blade up upon parking for the day.  There was a reason and it was a technical order and on the checklist, the seals had a breather, and they'd develop leaks if you didn't.  I do believe our Navy brethren did the same in their upside down mounted engines in their P-3's.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We flew F's (B), R's (H), T and Super T. Dressing the props was for a tidy squared away look and reduce FOD. DCS also depicts the SKE (station keeping equipment), on the KC-130, we didn't have it. Only USAF. I did initial qual at Little Rock AFB and they had it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 1:16 AM, Herk said:

Parked DCS C-130’s props should be up and down in cruciform to aid in FOD protection and looks. They shouldn’t look as if someone parked it and then blew Dodge. Just a suggestion for a modification.

Country dependent, Australia dress in the "X" position with No.1 high for reasons already stated. IO will admit, seeing undressed props does my head in LOL.