April 2021 Issue of PC Pilot Magazine

dmwierz

Every bit of buzz-building seems to be in place for the release of the ED FB MkVI Mossie, including a three page article, and interview with ED's Sergey Gerasev in the most recent issue of PC Pilot magazine.

All that's missing is the actual plane itself!!!

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

42 minutes ago, dmwierz said:

Every bit of buzz-building seems to be in place for the release of the ED FB MkVI Mossie, including a three page article, and interview with ED's Sergey Gerasev in the most recent issue of PC Pilot magazine.

All that's missing is the actual plane itself!!!

There's a LOT missing on these forums....no official news for weeks, and not much hype here either as ED are giving us nothing to built the hype on or even talk about.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, bart said:

There's a LOT missing on these forums....no official news for weeks, and not much hype here either as ED are giving us nothing to built the hype on or even talk about.

The team are working hard on the mossie, the rework on the external model is going well, as soon as we are ready to share more news we will.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The team are working hard on the mossie, the rework on the external model is going well, as soon as we are ready to share more news we will.

thanks

Thanks for the update! Good to hear from ED. You're only changing the external model and skins, or are you reworking the cockpit, also?

Edited by dmwierz

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Thanks for the quick update BN. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• ED Team
23 minutes ago, dmwierz said:

Thanks for the update! Good to hear from ED. You're only changing the external model and skins, or are you reworking the cockpit, also?

Cockpit is looking very nice already, just the external model being reworked. 

• Like 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Cockpit is looking very nice already, just the external model being reworked. 

Thank you, sir! Can't wait to see what greatness you and your team are coming up with!

• Like 1

Mosquito (4).jpg

Mosquito (5).jpg

Mosquito (6).jpg

Mosquito (7).jpg

Mosquito (8).jpg

Mosquito (11).jpg

Some pictures I have seen before and some I have not, so I doubt these are of the new external model.

Could ED confirm?

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

As expected it has been confirmed on Discord by NineLine that they are of the old model. 

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

1 hour ago, Krupi said:

As expected it has been confirmed on Discord by NineLine that they are of the old model. 

Thanks for the update.

I wonder why the external model was so bad that it needed a complete re-work?

I don't think it looks that bad on the screenshots, what do you guy's think?

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb bart:

Thanks for the update.

I wonder why the external model was so bad that it needed a complete re-work?

I don't think it looks that bad on the screenshots, what do you guy's think?

I dont understand it too. It would be nice if we get a info what exactly the problem was/is.

• Like 1

Agreed - the existing model images always looked stunning...

Perhaps something that we can’t see (at the mo / in released images), such as:

- damage model implementation?

- even, optimistically, some form of modularity to allow easier implementation of other variants???

all speculation of course 😕

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mogster said:

It could even be contractual issues. Those sorts of problems aren’t exactly unknown in games development.

Let’s hope not 😲

Presumably ED would have made sure that was all right before investing development time and money.

Also, most businesses will avoid blatant lies... a contract of licence issue might have given rise to an “unforeseen delay” of some obfuscation, but I doubt they would have stated external model unless that was at least part of the delay

• ED Team

The team decided they wanted to redo the external model, no mystery, it just means they need a little more time. 

Work continues and is going well. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The team decided they wanted to redo the external model, no mystery, it just means they need a little more time. 

Work continues and is going well. 

thanks

Good to hear, and wow that’s going to be one good looking Mossie...!

As above, all the existing images have looked fantastic using the existing model

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ercoupe said:

Well, I have to admit....those screenshots made me go, "Daaaaaaaammmmmn!" Nice. I just might have to have this.

By the way, are you going to be able to see a navigator sitting next to you?

Not sure. I know they're talking 2 person crew operations, like the Tomcat. There might be the ability to see NPC next to you.

• Like 1

Maybe they just had some issues like they do with the Su-25 - the cockpit's good, the outside model's good, but the outside model intrudes into the cockpit (& looks like an untextured surface). They've said the only way to fix that is to rebuild the external model (or I guess the cockpit, but that would presumably be a bigger job).

If they discovered during testing that the two weren't meshing correctly, they might have had to re-do the whole model to fix the issue.

• Like 3

Cheers.