"Musical tone" in engine sounds

Mud

On 5/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, Mud said:

Anyone else find the repetetive musical tone kind of annoying in the engine sounds?

It's hard to describe, but you can hear it in this file:
DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Engines\Overhauled\F14_Engine_Int_TF30_01.wav

It's like three tones going from low to high.

The Viggen has the same thing, and once I pay attention to it, it just drives me nuts 🙂

Br,

Mud

I hope I can attach this and developers dont mind, in the end this is one of best and most popular modules out there. 

To OP:

Here is a workaround for your problem with musical engine tone, try this until Heatblur put their hands on it. It's the closest I could get to the original

F14_Engine_Int_TF30_01.wav

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hubson said:

I hope I can attach this and developers dont mind, in the end this is one of best and most popular modules out there. 

To OP:

Here is a workaround for your problem with musical engine tone, try this until Heatblur put their hands on it. It's the closest I could get to the original

F14_Engine_Int_TF30_01.wav 1.14 MB · 5 downloads

Not only do we not mind, but we love to see mods of all kinds. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We're all entitled to our opinion and we're open for critique; but I don't shy away from disagreeing in matters of artistic expression (there is very little room for this in the rest of our products, considering we're aiming for 1:1 recreations of reality). Defense should not be taken as a reaction to an attack, but rather a discussion, afterall. 🙂

We've made a conscious choice to have the sound mix that we have. Not planning on changing this in the Tomcat - and I do not see us picking a different design choice for future aircraft either as I think the points others have made there accurately summarize our thoughts on it.

I understand that the phased turbine sample may be super annoying to some of you, so I will see what I can do for one of the next patches!

Edited by Cobra847
  • Thanks 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

13 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

We're all entitled to our opinion and we're open for critique; but I don't shy away from disagreeing in matters of artistic expression (there is very little room for this in the rest of our products, considering we're aiming for 1:1 recreations of reality). Defense should not be taken as a reaction to an attack, but rather a discussion, afterall. 🙂

We've made a conscious choice to have the sound mix that we have. Not planning on changing this in the Tomcat - and I do not see us picking a different design choice for future aircraft either as I think the points others have made there accurately summarize our thoughts on it.

I understand that the phased turbine sample may be super annoying to some of you, so I will see what I can do for one of the next patches!

Cheers mate, this is literally all what we’re asking for. It’s not a critique on your overall sound design, which I think we’ve all got praise for. Contextually we are talking about the sound file mentioned above.

Edited by Gunslinger22
  • Like 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

It get obvious to me after tomcat sound overhaul, its exact same damn sound in viggen, sometimes i get confus as i am in viggen or tomcat! Damn annoying in tomcat

Modules:
F-18C | F-16C | A-10CII | F-14B | F-5E | AJS-37 | M-2000C | UH-1H | L-39 | F-86F | Spitfire | P-51 | P-47 | FC3 | CA | SC | WWII AP
Wish List: F-4 | Super Hornet | A-37
Terrains: Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | Normandy | Channel

Gear: TM HOTAS Warthog | TM TPR Rudder | TrackIR5+ClipPro | CPU: I9-9900K | GPU: Asus 2080TI ROG Strix O11G | RAM: 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | M/B: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero WIFI AC | HDD: M2.PCIE Samsung 970 Evo+ | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | Cooling: NH-D15 | Monitor: LG 4K 27"