Take off and climbing procedures?

Quick noob question: I always wondered what regular/common take-off and the following climbing procedures are. I usually take off and turn towards my waypoint whenever I feel like it without any regards to airspeed, altitude or rate of climb.

I'm pretty sure there are regular procedures that fighter pilots follow, right?

• The ATC always says 'climb 300' but I'm not 100% sure what that means.
  • The F-15C manual has the following information:

image.png

How do i interpret this? My first guess would be climbing at a speed of 350KIAS until I reach an altitude where that equals 0.9 Mach but that would be pretty high wouldn't it? What if my next waypoint's altitude isn't that high?

Posted (edited)

The airport charts or specific mission briefing contain that info as in RL. "Climb 300" means altitude of 300m AGL here. Those manual numbers are for best F-15C performance climb profile not for usual take off.

Usually you take off straight forward a few miles to gain altitude. When in the air, confirm positive vertical speed, retract gear and flaps, and continue in mild climb (10 deg.) to leave the airport airspace then change direction and altitude according to you flight plan.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🚢 Supercarrier    🌍 NTTR, PG

1 hour ago, Tom Kazansky said:

Little typo.

Flight level 300 = 30,000ft

Thanks, my mistake, edited.

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🚢 Supercarrier    🌍 NTTR, PG