New to DCS - Having problems with Logitech X52 Profiles

Hey everyone, as the title says I am new... and I have the Logitech X52 and have downloaded a couple of .pr0 files and stored them in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Logitech\X52 (example: DCS A10A Edu.pr0)

I can select a profile and it shows on the MFD but when I try to press the buttons in DCS 2.7 and 2.5.6 the game does not respond. The MFD even says the name of command that I am pressing the button for. I have tried just about everything I can think of to get this to work but it doesn't. All my stick will do is the basic Axis in-game. 

I have tried the Clutch button and selected a profile while in game and same issue. Even tried following the Logitech instructions on https://www.hotasdb.com/help/faq and still no luck. 

At a total loss. Would like to be able to use the Mode switch but in-game key binds doesn't recognize. Any help would be great. 

(I have ST.exe, Logitech Flight Support and X52 H.O.T.A.S. Profiler running)

Best advice is to not use any external software and profiles as it's "quirky". Still want to do it? I don't have similar hardware but I know how it works. You have two options:

1. Keyboard assignment way with Logitech software: you clear anything but axis binds for the X52 in DCS, only keyboard binds stay and has to be set for everything, then assign the same keys in Logitech software in every mode. X52 will then send virtual key presses for anything you set right to the DCS depending on the mode.

2. DCS only way: ditch the ext. software, make all assignment normally in DCS in normal mode, then add mode switches as a switches (add modifier in controls), and add other assignments for the buttons by pushing the button you'd like to bind and selecting the added switch from the list of modifiers before hitting ok during the binding.

3. Can't help with the profiles from the hotasdb site..

• Thanks 1

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🚢 Supercarrier    🌍 NTTR, PG

Hi.

First, try on the setup/controls option to see if the key press is recognized: Open the setup menu, go to controls, select the corrrect plane/module, set the profile in the Joy and press the different buttons in the Joy. You should see the function assigned to it poping up. If this goes ok, you should be fine ingame.

If this doesn t happen, let's be sure the profile works ok: opne the Saitek/Logitech software programer; select the profile and upload it to the Joystick.You should have a window  with the assignement boxes and at the top left corner under Logitech Logo you whould have a few icons. Select the one like a gear (test profile) and press the button. I the window you should have the key presses assgned to the buttons. If this is ok,your Hotas works ok.

Let us know how it goes and we may help further on.

Saludos

Saca111

• Like 1

What X52 software are you using?

Have you tested the joystick under windows hardware? I personally disabled the clutch button here and have made it a normal button. I have also disabled the mouse functions so that the scroll wheel is a normal function wheel and press in is no longer mouse right.
I use the mouse left button as a second shift button.

I am happy to send you my joystick config files although I don't think I mapped the standard A10. Have the fa18, A10 II and Harrier (which needs finessing as does the A10).

4 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

First, try on the setup/controls option to see if the key press is recognized: Open the setup menu, go to controls, select the corrrect plane/module, set the profile in the Joy and press the different buttons in the Joy. You should see the function assigned to it poping up. If this goes ok, you should be fine ingame.

If this doesn t happen, let's be sure the profile works ok: opne the Saitek/Logitech software programer; select the profile and upload it to the Joystick.You should have a window  with the assignement boxes and at the top left corner under Logitech Logo you whould have a few icons. Select the one like a gear (test profile) and press the button. I the window you should have the key presses assgned to the buttons. If this is ok,your Hotas works ok.

Let us know how it goes and we may help further on.

Saludos

Saca111

So I loaded one of the profiles and when i test the buttons on the profile the window shows the keypresses. I loaded into 2.7 and went into the controls, when i press a joystick button, it highlights the keypress. So I will load an A-10A mission and today it works. The only thing that I have done different from yesterday to today is remove the 'clutch' button. I even tested the button presses (in the adjust controls) while in the mission and it all works. 

Now that makes me feel very n00b but happy. I flew for a month using an Xbox controller before I got my X52. Time to relearn how to fly. 

3 hours ago, ollk22 said:

What X52 software are you using?

Have you tested the joystick under windows hardware? I personally disabled the clutch button here and have made it a normal button. I have also disabled the mouse functions so that the scroll wheel is a normal function wheel and press in is no longer mouse right.
I use the mouse left button as a second shift button.

I am happy to send you my joystick config files although I don't think I mapped the standard A10. Have the fa18, A10 II and Harrier (which needs finessing as does the A10).

I am using the most recent Logitech STT (or SST). I have tested the joystick in the USB configuration and all the buttons, knobs and dials work. I did as you suggested and disabled the Clutch button. It did work today. Not 100% sure what I did differently from yesterday but it is working and I wont argue with that. 

Thanks for the advise. Time for a n00b pilot to try again. 🙂

So I have discovered why they were not working. In my haste to get stuff assigned and figured out, I left the USB Controller configuration screen open. While this screen is open, it does not allow the Logitech HOTAS software to record button presses. Once I closed that, have not had a problem since. 

Thanks to everyone that helped. 

19 hours ago, InzaneSK said:

So I have discovered why they were not working. In my haste to get stuff assigned and figured out, I left the USB Controller configuration screen open. While this screen is open, it does not allow the Logitech HOTAS software to record button presses. Once I closed that, have not had a problem since. 

True....