Simgears F-16 ICP

My unit came in today, there was a sale back in March and the price was good so I ordered one. 

The build quality is better than my Tekcreation unit as it’s a full commercial product with pretty box and packages. It is very sturdy especially the buttons and dials which are thick, but it is also more expensive. Functionality-wise though it is pretty much the same as other ICP devices. 

The brightness dial controls the unit’s LED lighting. Mine also came with a free acrylic stand which was a bonus offer during the sale, and it is very well made and heavy, great for desktop use.  You can find more pics on their website www.simgears.com. 

Overall, I like it mainly because of the build quality. There is one negative point, the dial inputs are a bit jittery although not as much as my Tekcreation unit—still not good enough to bind as DCS zoom view or something that requires precise control (works fine as a trim wheel in MSFS).  I don’t think it is a huge upgrade from the Tekcreation unit as functionality-wise it is the same, but if I had to pick one without taking the price into consideration it would be this one. 

Edit:

The metal toggle switches seem to have a momentary rather than persistent behavior.  It would register an input for 2-3 seconds then OFF, mimicking a long button press instead of constant ON which is the typical behavior of regular toggle switches.  This is no issue if you bind it as is for ICP functions in DCS, but for other purposes it will not give persistent input or button press.  I think this behavior can probably be changed in the firmware.

C4F49AA3-BE78-4B56-93A9-461C12EFEF5D.jpegSimgears-F16-ICP-LT-Product-001.jpg

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

UPS Shipping took a little over a week for me, ITA to USA.  I think it spent at least a few days in customs.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

How much was the price for that ICP? They will start producing new ICPs after October this year again. And they will produce a "professional" Version too, which I expect to be more expensive.

And if someone wants to sell his regular ICP for a professional one. I would like to buy it 🙂

Edited by darkman222

13 hours ago, darkman222 said:

How much was the price for that ICP? They will start producing new ICPs after October this year again. And they will produce a "professional" Version too, which I expect to be more expensive.

And if someone wants to sell his regular ICP for a professional one. I would like to buy it 🙂

I have been eyeing this for some time. But didnt order one and now it's as you say a wait until october. The price was about 325 or 350 Euros excluding shipping, and afaik no VAT (eu tax).

Edited by Falch
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting this device, but I'm wondering if it is possible to attach it to the Monstertech mountings. I would like to put in the center table mount ( right now populated with the winwing take off panel). BTW, I want to use it in VR, just for maximising the immersion.

Thanks!

There are 4 moutning holes on the front panel. Andrea can give you the DXF files. With those, you can easely print an adapter.

I've done the same for my Virpil Desk Mount.

Edited by Gruman
Fixed the name :)

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Sorry, I ment Andrea Cerrone. The CEO of Simgears.

Just send an E-Mail to info@simgears.com and ask about the drawings. I think they offer custom mounting options as well. Just ask them :).

(And if you dont hear a response, just send me a DM. I can send you the DXF as well)

Edited by Gruman
  • Like 2

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard