One last step to perfection

JetCat

Hi,

I am very proud to have my "F" collection finally finished, and now own F-14, F-16, and the F-18 Hornet. Lovely to fly and so much attention to detail!

All models have almost the same quality and perfection inside the cockpit and outside - but there is one thing that I absolutely appreciate on the F-16 and F-18 (and almost all other planes in DCS have this feature too) and this is the spinning low pressure turbine ring in the rear nozzle of the engine exhaust which drives the N1 shaft.

I am especially interested in airplane technology engineering and turbines, that`s why having such superb ultra-realistic planes with utmost attention to detail is so special and satisfying.

The F-14 is a fantastic addition to my collection with a gorgeous cockpit, but it is missing this interesting engine detail feature:

Behind the exhaust nozzle is only a low-quality and static texture, but no animated low pressure turbine.

To bring the superb F-14 to absolute perfection and next-level quality like the F-16 and F-18 I would recommend the developers to add an animated spinning engine exhaust turbine wheel like all other DCS planes have.

Thanks for reading 🙂

(two pictures for engine exhaust detail comparison, both ED F-16 and Heatblur F-14 use the same General Electric F110 engine)

Digital Combat Simulator 15.05.2021 21_31_53.png

Digital Combat Simulator 17.05.2021 22_36_12.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, JetCat said:

I am especially interested in airplane technology engineering and turbines, that`s why having such superb ultra-realistic planes with utmost attention to detail is so special and satisfying.

Yet you compared the F-16's F110 with F-14A's TF-30?

btw: F110 is on the B Tomcat.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🚢 Supercarrier    🌍 NTTR, PG