AA/SAM setup document.

A while back i downloaded a pdf document of the setup of all the air defence sites, a very good document. Now i can't find it on my pc or the site i download it from, anyone know about this and where i can find it?

Sounds like a useful guide, so if nobody posts here but you do end up finding it, could you post a link please?

That said, ED have made it a lot easier to set up AA/SAM sites in the mission editor as the units seem to have been renamed so they group together.  For example all the SA-10 stuff is named "SAM SA-10 S-300 xxxxxxx".  I don't know how recent that is, but it's very helpful indeed.

Yes i have put together sam sites with all the component with similar names but i can't get them to fire. Last night i was starting to setup a SA-2 site with everything incl the SP 19 i think it was called (radar for sa-2 and 3) Did send some aircrafts over them but they did not fire, but they did track and aim at the targets. The AA did fire so i don't know what i was missing.

But i will put a link if i find the file.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:42 PM, Razor68 said:

Last night i was starting to setup a SA-2 site with everything incl the SP 19 i think it was called (radar for sa-2 and 3)

The SA-2 requires two radars.

• S-75 "Fan Song" (tracking)
  • P-19 "Flat Face" (search)

For the SA-3 you also need two radars.

• S-125 "Low Blow" (search)

So that might have been your issue for your SA-2 site.  I've just set up those two radars, along with some launchers, threw some AI at it and they were swiftly detected and shot down.

Edited by epoch

🙄

17 hours ago, Razor68 said:

No i had those two radars, i had to delete the group and make a new one then it worked.

Hi Razor,

I have the same issue: SA-2 or 3 tracking but not firing. 

Can you please tell me what exactly you did to make it work?  May be a matter of different unit's sequence in the group?

thank you

Edited by baco30
I did another try and it works... the only difference is that P-19 is the 1st unit and S-75 the second. But i woudn't bet money that that's the reason

On 5/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, Razor68 said:

A while back i downloaded a pdf document of the setup of all the air defence sites, a very good document. Now i can't find it on my pc or the site i download it from, anyone know about this and where i can find it?

That would be a useful doc indeed

12 hours ago, baco30 said:

🙄

Hi Razor,

I have the same issue: SA-2 or 3 tracking but not firing. 

Can you please tell me what exactly you did to make it work?  May be a matter of different unit's sequence in the group?

thank you

I started with the "Flat Face" Radar than the "Fan Song" and added the amount of  launchers i wanted last. No advanced waypoint actions needed.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:55 PM, epoch said:

For the SA-3 you also need two radars.

• S-125 "Low Blow" (search)

you have a mistake here.
S-125 "lowblow" is the Tracking radar for SA-3.
it also uses P19 as search radar ("flat face") - actually it should have a p15 or a p19 (upgraded version of the same radar)

Fan Song is the Targeting radar for the SA-2.
which actually historically used P12 or P18 as search radars. (we have the P18 in DCS as "55G6 EWR") but I've never tried to use them in an SA-2 battery.

and you must place the SR as the first unit and the TR as the second in DCS in order for the target handoff to work correctly

Edited by uri_ba

25 minutes ago, uri_ba said:

you have a mistake here.
S-125 "lowblow" is the Tracking radar for SA-3.
it also uses P19 as search radar ("flat face") - actually it should have a p15 or a p19 (upgraded version of the same radar)

Fan Song is the Targeting radar for the SA-2.
which actually historically used P12 or P18 as search radars. (we have the P18 in DCS as "55G6 EWR") but I've never tried to use them in an SA-2 battery.

and you must place the SR as the first unit and the TR as the second in DCS in order for the target handoff to work correctly

Yup, my bad!  Thanks for correcting.

Note to self: polish spectacles before using forums/mission editor.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:47 PM, Razor68 said:

I believe you're looking for this.It's not in PDF format but you can figure it out .https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Threat_Database

ASUS ROG STRIX B360 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz - HyperX Fury DDR4-2666MHz 32GB - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce 8 GB - SSD 1 TB

HOTAS - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Modules

FC3 - AJS37 Grippen - AV-8B Harrier - C-101 Aviojet - FA-18C Hornet - F-14B Tomcat - F-16A Viper - M-2000C Mirage - Supercarrier