Consideration of the C.W Lemoine's startup procedure comparison with his real life version.

Worrazen

Not everything may apply ofcourse. As I heard the DCS version is based on a more legacy F/A-18C model and C.W. Lemoine might have experienced a newer model in real life, which could have differences to the DCS equivalent legacy real model.

And who knows there could be differences by agencies that operate these planes in the startup ordering of individual systems so there could be a dillema ... unless there's a default manufacturer-procedure known, different level of upgrades might change the procedure differently (that's will happen automatically as a consequence anyway)

Hopefully for a pretty polished release of F/A-18C out of beta, and besides there's people in the comments saying that this is an early-access procedure tutorial anyway when many systems where implemented in the code yet so it probably needs to be updated anyway. We hould get the info of what exat model C.W flew or if that's someone elses video he used.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

20 hours ago, Worrazen said:

C.W. Lemoine might have experienced a newer model in real life

He often mentions the 'A model' (for example when turning on the DDIs) so he flew an older one.

• Like 2

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Really, he didn't have any problems with the way the aircraft worked or responded, that's all pretty solid. His primary issues were just with the training mission, which is clearly old and hasn't been updated since the INS system was refined ages ago. 

• Like 1

I'm probably in the minority, but would love to have the type of interaction with the ground crew like Mover had.  Hand signals between pilot and plane captain as they follow through on the startup checks.  I thought the actual footage was the coolest part of that video.  

• Like 3

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

5 hours ago, Brun said:

He often mentions the 'A model' (for example when turning on the DDIs) so he flew an older one.

Actually, I later heard him say he flew both ones, that's why I dismissed that and didn't mention it here. But I should go double check, I think he did say in more than one video he flew both ones ... he retired only a few years ago AFAIK.

EDIT: He says, if my ears are correct, at 3:12: "I have flown both"

However that doesn't necessairly mean this info is directly useful either .. several questions like which model was he accustomed to more and if he used different procedures for different model (I would suppose most likely) then which one is he using for this video. That said it's not like ED doesn't have a F/A-18 advisor/contractor for this type of stuff already, but I thoguht it could assist if it makes sense, while the manual/training is likely in active development right now, or polishing the finishing touches.

In an effort to catch small details similarly how it was on the A-10C when the audio beep wasn't suppose to happen, only the master caution light was suppose to shine in one case with the APU or some other system operation, I forgot which one. It's minor stuff but it's cool to have it accurate too.

I'll give him a headsup to redo this video after F/A-18C is fully released.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I really didn't see any issues with the way the startup worked in DCS. He only mentioned issues with the training mission.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I really wish you can skip the text by pressing the space bar or pressing the highlighted button early.  I think Viper training lets you do that.

I know I can fast forward with time accelrate but I find myself doing same thing Mover was doing.  Pressing the button before voice over ended and having to keep pressing again.

Also, "Why wouldn't you do IFA?"

The EA manual also says "The INS knob is usually set to IFA when the alignment is complete."

• Like 1