NEW: I need *.MIZ file info, Thanks

Question: I Make a Mission. In that Mission I add 30 Custom Audio *.ogg files to simulate people talking to you during the Mission.  All Sound files are in a Custom Folder in DCS file structure I Made and Added. If I UPDATE a Sound file and I DO NOT RE-ADD the New file (WITH THE SAME NAME) to the Mission editor before testing the mission-> The Old file plays with the SAME Name as the new File I just edited. SO ARE all sound files I make imported into the MISSION.MIZ File? If I was to upload the Mission *.Miz file to the server for download. Will all the Custom Sound files be inside the mission *.MIZ file for everyone that downloads it to play? Will they here all of my files for that mission? I don't understand how DCS Mission Editor is working. Thank You for your Help. I need my mind set right. Lol (That's a Joke)

1 hour ago, DishDoggie said:

Question: I Make a Mission. In that Mission I add 30 Custom Audio *.ogg files to simulate people talking to you during the Mission. 

All Sound files are in a Custom Folder in DCS file structure I Made and Added.

If I UPDATE a Sound file and I DO NOT RE-ADD the New file (WITH THE SAME NAME) to the Mission editor before testing the mission-> The Old file plays with the SAME Name as the new File I just edited.

SO ARE all sound files I make imported into the MISSION.MIZ File?

Yes all sound files added via the mission editor commands are imported into the MISSION.MIZ file regardless of where the source sound file is loaded from.

If I was to upload the Mission *.Miz file to the server for download. Will all the Custom Sound files be inside the mission *.MIZ file for everyone that downloads it to play?

Yes, the custom sounds will be in the MISSION.MIZ file so long as each sound file has a corresponding ME command to play that sound (ie SOUND TO ALL)

Will they here all of my files for that mission? I don't understand how DCS Mission Editor is working. Thank You for your Help. I need my mind set right. Lol (That's a Joke)

All the files for the mission will be included.

DCS works as such:

1. Changing or adding the sound files in your custom folder doesn't automatically update them in the mission, you must reload or add the updated sound files via the ME and its load sound commands. (Alternatively, the MISSION.MIZ files are only ZIP files, and you can just copy the updated sound files in your custom folder to the MISSION.MIZ directory I110\Default\, This only works if sound files are same names as the ones already in mission file.
  2. Even if using the ME (Mission Editor) to load a replacement or new sound.ogg file you will have to save the MISSION.MIZ file and reload that same mission into the ME for it to play the new sound.ogg files you updated. (This is because DCS always creates a temp version of the MISSION.MIZ file when you play the game and it may think that the previous version you ran is the same as the new modified version and doesn't load and compile the new temp version with your changes).

Regards, Ian

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.