IR SAMs not working

Posted (edited)

Hey, I just noticed that neither manpads, nor mechanized sams like the strelas are even aiming at me when I fly over them low in my M2000C.

I even put an EWR in the same group and they didnt do anything. If I put a Shilka in the same group, then that will engage, although at very short range (not sure if thats accurate).

Is that an issue with my mission, or with the M2000C? What am I doing wrong? 😞

EDIT: they do eventually start firing, but only after I circle above them for about five and a half minutes. Whats going on here? They also didnt fire when I had them placed much further away and arriving much later into the mission, so I doubt its a kind of a weapon-ready-delay thing. Or is it?

Edited by Zoddom

It could be a weapon ready delay. You can force this by setting their alarm state to red in the mission editor, with it set to auto (the default) they will have their weapon systems stowed until a target is detected. 

It may also be a sensor issue, as a non-radar equipped aircraft will need to detect you visually before engaging. This will be effected by time of day and, at night, moon state. 

Both of these systems are also effected by AI skill level, with higher skill level units able to better detect targets and ready weapons faster. 

Am 16.5.2021 um 07:24 schrieb Bunny Clark:

It could be a weapon ready delay. You can force this by setting their alarm state to red in the mission editor, with it set to auto (the default) they will have their weapon systems stowed until a target is detected. 

It may also be a sensor issue, as a non-radar equipped aircraft will need to detect you visually before engaging. This will be effected by time of day and, at night, moon state. 

Both of these systems are also effected by AI skill level, with higher skill level units able to better detect targets and ready weapons faster. 

thanks ill try all these factors