Radar fix without a waypoint?

Posted (edited)

SPA and do a fix. You can then select the newly created waypoint on the data panel numpad.
1st fix - NP1
2nd fix - NP2
And so on..

EDIT:
You could also select a BX waypoint and do a fix, but they are better used for pre-planned targets as they will move the navigation polygon around.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Hmm, can you walk me through that in a bit more detail? I'm flying a mission on a MP server and the wayppoints have been set for ground attack/other aircraft. I want to take teh Viggen out to see where we are told thee are some enemy frigates to engage. I cant add my own waypoint to F10 map but I dont know enough jargon to understand your info?

I can slew the radar cursor around when the circle appears on the screen but if the waypoint / target circle is 60 miles behind me, is there a way of resetting the radar target circle back to boresite so I can slew it from there? 

Posted (edited)

SPA is one of the "master modes", so instead of flying in NAV or ANF you want to be in SPA. When in that mode, you can do a radar fix on a target that you see on the radar display. You will get the "cross" in the center of the radar display, when you press "T1" (slew button), you then move it to the target and press "TV" (FIX button).

When you finish the fix (pressing TV) a new waypoint will be created at that location. To select that new waypoint as you current destination you click the corresponding number on the data panel numpad.

So let's say are flying to the target area.

1. When in reach of the radar you switch to SPA and turn the radar on.
  2. You spot a target. Slew the cross to the return and make a fix. A new waypoint has been created
  3. You then want to select the waypoint by pressing "1". NOT "B1", but "1" (1 in the case that it's the first fix in SPA that you make) on the numpad
  4. You now have the new target waypoint selected
  5. Sink ship 

Also, no there is not way (that I know of) to "reset" a waypoint to be in front of you aircraft.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Posted (edited)

Thanks - appreciate your help, I will give that a try. I also just learnt about changing a WP to a target point which will lbe very handy in our MP server.

Edited by Sprool