FIX for Jumping Clouds in VR?

Pappy

Jumping clouds have been an irritating situation since 2.7.0.

I tried something that stopped that.  Go into settings/VR and set your force IPD setting to 60.  I tried this and it stopped the jumping and is smooth as can be.  Now, your setting might be different than mine, so do what is best for your system and view.  It will change the size of your cockpit, but maybe it has been the wrong size all along... mine looks just right. Love my VR now with the clouds not moving except for my JET FLYIN PAST!!!

Let me know if this works for you.  Hope it does.

Thx 

Edited by Pappy
Misspell
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, draconus said:

No, I don't see any improvement.

Hey there.  Do you mind if I ask what settings you tried?

Did those settings change your cockpit size?  Just trying to figure good general size, I'm able to set mine anywhere from 55 to 60 and the clouds stop jumping around in the distance.  No jumping whatsoever.  The clouds are still not as crisp as 2d but no more jumping or shaking. 

Thx

Well I tried setting exactly what you suggested. In DCS VR options I checked and changed force IPD from 63.5 to 60. Size perception is not easily recognizable with that change. If I try like 40 or 80 then yes - huge difference. Good size is the one you measure on your face.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Forced IPD does not make any difference to cloud vibrations in my Reverb G1. Yes, they are vibrations!

20, 40, 50, 60, 70 and 90... still, I did get to play Ant Man and Godzilla!

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

15 hours ago, Dunx said:

Forced IPD does not make any difference to cloud vibrations in my Reverb G1. Yes, they are vibrations!

20, 40, 50, 60, 70 and 90... still, I did get to play Ant Man and Godzilla!

Hello Dunx... thx for the reply.  I use the Rift S and anywhere from 50 to 60 it stopped the vibration.   I was hoping it would work on the G2 also. I know it has a sweet spot, so maybe that is hindering it. Are all your textures and shadows set to high?  I know that depends on your system strength but you might try that.  I have a very good system so might be bennifeting from that.

Thx again for the reply!  By the way, love the Ant Man and Godzilla  comments   LOL!!

21 hours ago, draconus said:

Well I tried setting exactly what you suggested. In DCS VR options I checked and changed force IPD from 63.5 to 60. Size perception is not easily recognizable with that change. If I try like 40 or 80 then yes - huge difference. Good size is the one you measure on your face.

Yes Sir.  It does.  I have actually sat in a viper and the size in game always seemed a little too tight so when I changed it to larger it looked right.  

Thx for reply

Hi Pappy, I have tried all the nVidia, WMR, StreamVR and DCS settings I could think of, sadly nothing digital has worked. My solution involved a clamp 🙂

My issue is directly related to the VR headset motion sensors, and their ability to detect the tiniest micro movements such as my pulse, tremors and shakes. I read that HP tested using the Reverb as a heart rate monitor.

These micro-movements are translated to DCS Head Mounted Displays, Zoomed-in-World, and Clouds. I can cope with the HMDs and Zoomed-in-World because my brain expects them to wobble; similar to hand-holding unstabilised binoculars or telescope.

Of course, there are ways to make the whole world wobble 😉

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52